We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

forum reply doest count credits anymore - User Credits | Forum

SS
SS Jul 26 '14
as the title said. what happen?
Kostia
Kostia Jul 29 '14
the same problem.  Doesnt count credits search, forum, groups...and so on.. 
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Jul 29 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
SS
SS Jul 30 '14
This doesn't help my problem. test the forum reply if its counting the credits or not, try it yourself.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 31 '14
same issues with photos
SS
SS Aug 4 '14
any news here?
Kostia
Kostia Aug 5 '14
credits for gifs dissapear...doesnt count credits for any action in website. I am using just 1 acount type.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
Kostia, I have PMed you.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
SS,

>>This doesn't help my problem. test the forum reply if its counting the credits or not, try it yourself.

I have rechecked and turned out that I have provided you guys wrong information.

---
Situation A: user role allows adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. Result: user credits will not be withdrawn from the user's balance, since this action is allowed by the user role.

If you will set +5, credits will NOT BE added.

------

I apologize for caused inconveniences.
I have retested the forum posts, and everything works correctly as described here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/20851?page=1#post-105070 .

Considering the latest correct of mine, let me know if you guys are still facing any issues.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 7 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC SS,

>>This doesn't help my problem. test the forum reply if its counting the credits or not, try it yourself.

I have rechecked and turned out that I have provided you guys wrong information.

---
Situation A: user role allows adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. Result: user credits will not be withdrawn from the user's balance, since this action is allowed by the user role.

If you will set +5, credits will NOT BE added.

------

I apologize for caused inconveniences.
I have retested the forum posts, and everything works correctly as described here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/20851?page=1#post-105070 .

Considering the latest correct of mine, let me know if you guys are still facing any issues.

still waiting to fix it

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 7 '14
SS
SS Aug 9 '14
does forum replies counting credits or you removes it?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
I have tested this with forum topic. Everything is working.

Ex: User should receive 5 credits for adding forum topic/reply.

I am testing with user "Katie".

1. As site admin I visit "Katies" profile to find out which user role Katie is subscribed to.
Katies profile >  change role > Katie is subscribed to "Free" user role.

2. As site admin I open Admin Panel > User Roles > Permissions > and I make sure that "Free" user roledoesn't allow( check box should be unchecked) adding forum topics:

3. I now log in as user "Katie" and see that right now I have 12 credits:

4. As user Katie I post new forum topic or reply to existing one. Once topic is posted I receive 5 more credits. Now my banalce is 17 credits:

Please make sure that you have set up your user roles and user credits correctly. Take screen shots of each step you are doing. And if at the end "User Credits" won't work for you, please provide those screen shots with description of what you did to me.

More information at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
I.SS

>>does forum replies counting credits or you removes it?

Depends on how you will set "User Credits" plugin. If you set "5" for "Add forum topic", user will receive 5 credits. If you set "-5", user will lose 5 credits.
SS
SS Aug 16 '14
im pointing about the replies not the "add forum topic"
You do not have permission to reply this topic