We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to add spaces and formatting in new mailbox? [Answered] | Forum

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 27 '14
Anyone have any ideas if this is even possible? A lot of my members use mailboxes for roleplay between one another. Sharing rather large stories with each other. My site is related to online roleplaying/creative writing, so we need some way to add spaces to large paragraphs, and possibly format the font and layout of text. However the second is not as important as simply allowing spaces between paras. 
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 31 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jul 28 '14
Vladimir Bach, issues with text formatting in Mailbox has already been reported and our developers are already checking into this. If fix will be developed it will be released in one of the upcoming builds.

If you would like to fix this now, good place to start with is editing : ow_plugins/mailbox/bol/conversation_service.php:

Code that needs editing:

$message->text = preg_replace("/\n/", "", $message->text);
            $message->text = preg_replace("/<br \/>/", "\n", $message->text);
            $message->text = strip_tags($message->text);

Note that you need to know preg_repalce rules to add needed condition. I recommend waiting for the update with the fix from us.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 28 '14
Alright thank you. I will wait for the update, as I will just mess things up. 
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Aug 6 '14
Any news on this? I might have to find an alternative platform/solution if I can't find a way around this, because many of my members can't roleplay the way they want to with this chat/mailbox.

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Aug 21 '14
Nothing...
Alia Team
Alia Aug 22 '14
Vladimir, issues with paragraphs has been fixed in 1.7.1 version.
Public release of Oxwall 1.7.1 is scheduled for Monday, August 25: http://blog.oxwall.org/