We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email verification reminder | Forum

ben
ben Aug 1 '14
I dont know why this feature not available in oxwall, it's very critical when this software depends on email verification,

oxwall should have email notification reminder system to remind user about their unverified email and unverified user can browse the site while we keep remind them about their unverified email

50% of my user does not verify their email and they dont know whaat to do

If user does not verify their email, oxwall should stop send email notification until they verify their email

Wilson
Wilson Aug 2 '14
Hey ben,

Not sure what's going on because when a new user register at my site they get this (see attachment #1) and when a new user tries to login without verification on my site they get this, (attachment #2) so not sure what going on with your site.

Now you can change what that prompt says by going to the "admin' area of your site, then go to "Settings" and choose "Language" then search in "Base" key word "confirm your email address", you can change what its saying there.

hope this helps,
Wilson
Attachments:
  verifcation-1.jpg (47.29Kb)
  verifcation-2.jpg (35.17Kb)
ben
ben Dec 9 '15
for oxwall good
this is what i mean

that how facebook work and people are easy to use you not losing member just by email mistake ohhh
Tecca
Tecca Dec 10 '15
Yes, they should make this a part of the core. If you allow guests to browse your website, why does the software lock you out when you sign up? It should simply log the user in, and allow them to browse as usual. They can then later check their email to confirm it. If they don't confirm it, no emails from the website should be sent to that email address.
ketkew
ketkew Dec 22 '15
Bryan +1
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Dec 22 '15