We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

support for "Fundraising / Crowdfunding" plugin ? - PayPal Billing | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 3 '14

Hello,

does this plugin work as a payment gateway for the " Fundraising / Crowdfunding" plugin of Oxwall CandyStore ?

Thank you for clarification!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
Martin, you will need to check this with the developer of that plugin. Most likely , yes.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 7 '14
I checked, supposedly it should work according to the other developer - but it doesn't on my site... :(

Thank you anyway!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
Martin, what do you mean by "doesn't work". You don't get the option to pay via our plugin on your third party plugin's page? Or you get the option to pay via PayPal, but for some reason it you don't receive payments?
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 20 '14
No, the payment via paypal works, but the information of a successful payment is not transmitted to your plugin, so your plugin does not see when a payment was made...

Rob R
Rob R Aug 22 '14
Has this been resolved?  Would really like crowd funding capabilities on my site.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 23 '14
No solution yet. You can use the crowdfunding plugin, but any payment made you have to add then manually...

I was told that it is an issue because I still use 1.6... But I know that it had worked under 1.6 before. So I feel a bit left alone. I still use the crowdfunding plugin, but as I said, any payment received I have to type in manually so that it is reflected in the plugin...

Rob R
Rob R Aug 23 '14
So you have to monitor EVERY payment made?  Is this every donation offered or at the time the project ends, and payments are made to the project starter, you actually have to go in there and confirm then input manually the amount and payor?  Thanks for the clarification Martin - I'm on the fence on this one.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 23 '14
every single payment... at least on my site. I think it works/worked with others... But I just didn't find any help to get my problem solved

Maybe you ask in the general oxwall forum about people who have it and if it works...

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 28 '14
Martin, have you set correct IPN within your paypal account?
More info about IPN can be found here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14960
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 28 '14
Yes, indeed I followed that description and set it up the right way. It's just not working... no feedback about any payments, though the IPN path is set in paypal...
Rob R
Rob R Aug 28 '14
Skalfa, are you suggesting this is an isolated incident?  If so are you using the same payment gateway without any of the issues Martin identified or any other issues?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 3 '14
PayPal billing is working ok on our testing sites.

If they payment is not getting displayed within the "Finance" section of the admin area, this means that Oxwall script is not receiving a proper response from the gateway. In most of the cases this is due to incorrect settings of PayPal account.

Martin, will you be able to PM me:

1. admin panel username/password/link
2. control panel username/password/link ?
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Sep 3 '14
Rob R
Rob R Sep 3 '14
I have also read other accounts in another post that they have their crowdfunding working end to end.  I hope you get your issue resolved Martin.  Thanks Skalfa.
Wayne
Wayne Sep 16 '14
If it wont report then you have to setup your paypal IPN like this, however this only applies if you are using the paypal gateway plugin http://www.yoursite.com/folder of oxwall on your site if any/ow_plugins/billing_paypal/controllers/order.php/notify  else it wont work.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 17 '14
thank you, and I did set up my IPN like this, specifiying the exaxt path to te "notify"...
You do not have permission to reply this topic