We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updating JAVA 7.67 on PC Screwed up Oxwall site Theme | [SOLVED] | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Aug 6 '14

Hey guys,

I just restored my pc to an earlier date because after I did a JAVA 7.67 update that popped up on my pc, after the update was successful I went to the Oxwall site and the theme was all screwed up? I can’t even click onto the Sign In link….I couldn’t even start a new Topic to post this issue Could not attaché file (screen shot) , there was no link for that..

So like I said, I restored my pc back to an earlier date (8.04.14) and everything is fine when I came back to the Oxwall site. Now I can post this issue and the theme is fine. But I do need to update the JAVA on my pc sometime.

Do a test on updating Java 7.67 to see the issue.

See attachments

Wilson

fyi: I see the "attachment" link here has change, must have updated core! Might be the issue with the new version of JAVA 7 .67
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 7 '14
Attachments:
  java-7.67.jpg (34Kb)
  oxwall-site.jpg (181Kb)
Wilson
Wilson Aug 7 '14
Need to fix this guys! I need to update my pc with JAVA 7 update 67

Wilson
Shishimaru Kibaou
Shishimaru Kibaou Aug 7 '14
Hi Wilson

hearing your trouble, I installed JRE 7u67(x64 and x86) then run oxwall in my local server.
In my case, no problem.

Why did you think oxwall has relation to Java? this script runs with PHP. Java has no relation to PHP??

Shishimaru
Wilson
Wilson Aug 7 '14
hey Shishimaru Kibaou,

Well when installed JAVA 7 U67 and then returned to the Oxwall site it was all screwed up...see attachment's...that's the only thing I can think of that made the problem. When I went to restore to earlier back up on my pc, everything was fine again!

I'll update JAVA 7 U67 again and see if all my Oxwal site get screwed up including the Oxwall main site...be back in a few!

Wilson
Wilson
Wilson Aug 7 '14
Ok well its seems all is well.  I saw that I had an older version of java (6.0) and the web site (java.com ) un-installed it and everything seems to be ok now...strange!

FYI: Now I'm running java 7 u67

Wilson
Shishimaru Kibaou
Shishimaru Kibaou Aug 8 '14
Hi
Surely strange, but it was good to be settled anyway :)

shishimaru