We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

facebook connect | Forum

savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
Hello i am having problems trying to get my facebook connect to work i have been talking to max etc who has helped me with things and got sme advice from micheal aswell but fb connect still not 100% actually last night it actually worked and then gave an error again ( it seems there is a problem communicating with face book, max told me to rest my api which i did and it worked for a while, micheal told me my resouces are low and i have to make my php file self and get it to 128mb at least and to check if hostupon is compaitble with oxwall software , i reported it to hostupon  and they said that the host and server is ok that its a script issue , i am lost and not a programmer i even put a job request but looks like i wasted my time no one is interested to help even to be paid cos i have a few other issues too. this is one of the email replies i got from host upon
HI Sav,

Thanks for the ticket.

Yes, We do indeed Support the Oxwall and is located in Softaculous along with hundreds more scripts.
You also have a VPS with full root access so whatever requirements the script needs you can meet it.
We would be more than happy to help but we need a sense of direction apart from Oxwall saying it is a hosting related issue.

You currently have 512mb of memory as a whole which should be plenty for the script to run smoothly.
Please provide us with more details if possible so we can further assist you.

HostUpon Web Hosting
www.HostUpon.com
Twitter: @HostUpon

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME BECAUSE ITS EMBARASING TO MY MEMBERS  H E L P   P L E A S E
Sav
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 19 '11
Also for devs, noticed if you try to connect on a 404 page it doesnt work. Even on oxwall.org/404
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
www.batiha.com can you check my site pls and advice me keelan pls
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
at the end of the day i put it on a vps server and 512mb you know much more than needed.x
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 19 '11
The community here is very small so you must give chance for people to look at stuff, also i think devs are aware that there maybe issues with the Facebook conect, as a lot of people are having troubles even me.
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
Yes that is the error 404 it is , ( this document cannot be found) what do we do, you know one thing that gets me is every1 knows but there isnt someone that can sit with you for 2 min and either do it for you or step by step go through it with you. I am concerned and already looking elswere if i can find a software with a more spot on support service. But there are some guys here that try to help.and i do like the software.
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
i also have uploaded a few themes and after the ftp is done i cant find them anywere , do you have any idea were they might be
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 19 '11
/admin/themes
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
i know that but they are not there , i upload ok but they are not there.x
Max
Max Oct 19 '11
savvas, do you set up the URL after connect in Facebook ?
I tested it today and it was my problem...
savvas
savvas Oct 19 '11
nice site man how did you put those xtra features ? games
savvas
savvas Oct 20 '11
hi guys , hi max, after a tug war with the config of fb connect it goes through now but when you put user / pass it goes to a xd page and stays blank there any ideas???   Sav
Max
Max Oct 21 '11
Hi savvas.
I tested your site with facebook and seems the problem is solved.
I tried too to login with user / pass and no problem...