We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

100 USD for this plugin? - User Credits | Forum

Sean
Sean Aug 9 '14
Why is this plugin 100 USD?

Please tell me this is a typo, that price is outrageous.

Kelvin
Kelvin Aug 10 '14
I hope this plugin can sell below $20 USD. I will buy this user credits plugin if the price drop to $20 or bolow.
Sean
Sean Aug 10 '14
I would buy it for 50 USD at most
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Price for the  plugin was increased due to number of new feature that were added to "User Credits" plugin within the last update

1. Plugin is now compatible with account types and user roles: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395

2. Plugin now comes with "My Credits" widget:

3. Plugin now tracks user credits history

Kelvin
Kelvin Aug 15 '14
Is it compatible with 3rd party plugin ? Can you post more functions that I know how many features that really worth $100 ? Such as [adding credit rules]. Can we custom credit rules ? or only use default credit rules only ?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
>>Is it compatible with 3rd party plugin ?

Yes. All depend on how those 3rd party plugins were developed. If any plugin developer would like to connect his plugin with user credits, he just needs to use standard methods ( can be checked within, for example, "Blogs" plugin). So, compatibility with 3rd party plugins depends only on 3rd party developers themselves.

>>Can you post more functions that I know how many features that really worth $100 ?

You can find out what our plugin allows from this manual ( http://www.oxwall.org/...iguration_manual.pdf) . Note that manual doesn't include latest features I described in my previous reply.

>> Can we custom credit rules ? or only use default credit rules only ?

You can set needed credit cost for any available action.
However, the list of available actions depends on which plugins you use on your site and whether they are connected to "User Credits" or not. For example, "Blogs"/"Events" plugins created by Oxwall Software contain certain methods that allow them to communicate with our "User Credits" plugin, therefore if you have those 2 plugins installed you will get following actions within the settings of our plugin:

Abbey
Abbey Oct 11 '14
No wonder people share plugins
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 8 '15
Randell actually there is no other social network script better then Oxwall except Privacy setting.
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 8 '15
Sir there is no 100% free for open source. You can use default Oxwall script for free. But for extra 3 party plugin. They should charge some money for development. 3 Party developers are not belong Oxwall team. They make great functions to improve Oxwall script. You can see any other social network script. They do charge some fee for license around ($99 to $499). But other social network script lack of 3-Party developers. and They don't have great looking layout. All look like the same !!! so ugly !! I like Oxwall because it has a lot of great theme. Don't tell me WordPress. WordPress is very ugly too. I don't use WordPress and it is not a social network script. It is more like a blog.
Dan Cooper
Dan Cooper Feb 13 '15
I agree that developers should receive for their work in 3 part plugin. But $99 for a plugin like this is nonsense. It's almost the same price of a powerful video editing software and double price of a lot of licences of more complex software. I can imagine that the developer put this price because the community of users of Oxwall is not so big and he can't sell a lot.
Sean
Sean Feb 13 '15

Quote from Dan Cooper I agree that developers should receive for their work in 3 part plugin. But $99 for a plugin like this is nonsense. It's almost the same price of a powerful video editing software and double price of a lot of licences of more complex software. I can imagine that the developer put this price because the community of users of Oxwall is not so big and he can't sell a lot.

Yeah developers should be paid for their work but this is outrageous. I also need their membership plugin, billing gateway, and premoderation. That's what, 300 bucks? I only make about 25 USD a month because there is absolutely no work where I live.
The Forum post is edited by Sean Feb 13 '15
Sean
Sean Feb 13 '15

Quote from Skalfa LLC Price for the  plugin was increased due to number of new feature that were added
Is your next bugfix going to cost me my car?

Oh right I don't have a car, I can't afford one, and neither can I afford this plugin.

The Forum post is edited by Sean Feb 13 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
How do you earn $25 a month if you only have a few members ?
Sean
Sean Feb 14 '15

Quote from Kelvin How do you earn $25 a month if you only have a few members ?
I don't make any cash from my site, only from doing virus removal and web development when I'm not doing school stuff. 
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 14 '15
not bad :) actually Skalfa's plugin are really expensive. but there is no other [same] plugin can buy. I think Skalfa like to earn more money... but he doesn't know Oxwall's customers are not that much and rich to buy such high price plugin.
Skalfa LLC Partner
You do not have permission to reply this topic