We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Confirmation email issue | Forum

siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 11 '14
hey guys, i have this problem where new users are not getting any confirmation email. I setup cron in cpanel for every 2mins as 1min is not allowed by my host. I checked ow_base_mail when user sends confirmation mail, table gets a row of that user. After couple of mins refreshing that row disappears so that means cron is working fine. I setup SMTP mailing which is working fine as i saw test connection is successful. If everything is fine then where the mails go? please help.
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
They go to the mail server, something is wrong on their side, I recommend you to contact your hosting provider and SMTP company
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 12 '14
I used same SMTP for Boonex Dolphin and it worked. I can send and receive emails. but i cant figure out about Oxwall.
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
Can you disable SMTP and try without it"
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 12 '14

Quote from ross Can you disable SMTP and try without it"
wow this is weird. I disabled SMTP and tried then checked ox_base_mail table and there wasnt any row. Tried that couple of times but when i enabled SMTP , it shows one row exaclty. 
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 12 '14
tried disabling SMTP, still cant see any mail.
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
The verification e-mail is sent directly without using cron. 

Try to send mass mail with disabled SMTP, just use cron, seems like your cron is not properly configured. 

siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 12 '14

Quote from ross The verification e-mail is sent directly without using cron. 

Try to send mass mail with disabled SMTP, just use cron, seems like your cron is not properly configured. 

alright sent mass mail. One user is registered with gmail and one with my website email (admin@prodynamists.com). gmail didnt receive any email but another (admin@prodynamists.com) got the email. Is it related to spam? 

ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
try to register another user with yahoo for example and test again to make sure. 
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 12 '14
okaay..yahoo got the confirmation email. but no mass mail. Gmail didnt receive any confirmation mail either.  and my site email got the mass mail.
The Forum post is edited by siddharth J Aug 12 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
Siddharth, can you please create another GMail account and register with this e-mail on your website. 

Check if you receive confirmation/mass mailing on that e-mail

check your mail agent (yahoo/gmail) spam settings and spam folders (probably messages are there)

Since your site e-mail receives everything, in case newly created gmail e-mail did not get any mails, please PM your admin and Cpanel access details. 

siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 13 '14
any update?? still having the problem
ross Team
ross Aug 13 '14
Did you follow my instructions in the last message?
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 13 '14

Quote from ross Did you follow my instructions in the last message?
yes i followed and nope, nothing working. i reinstalled, and still having problem, i changed email subject and still not working. checked spam folder too,its not there. Anyways thanks.
ross Team
ross Aug 13 '14
Alright, can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details? we'll take a look at your problem. 
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 13 '14
You should see this, i disabled SMTP and sent confirmation email to gmail.
Attachments:
  neew.jpg (116Kb)
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '14
Well, this kind of e-mails come to admin e-mail when there's no such a recipient e-mail. can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details? we'll take a look at your problem. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 14 '14
go to http://www.mail-tester.com/

copy the email addy then go admin invite user and paste addy and click invite 

then go back to tester site and it will test your mail sever is set up correct if not fix the problems   then your mail get to every provider no problems 
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 14 '14

Quote from ross Well, this kind of e-mails come to admin e-mail when there's no such a recipient e-mail. can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details? we'll take a look at your problem. 

sent you the details

siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 14 '14

Quote from Tammy go to http://www.mail-tester.com/

copy the email addy then go admin invite user and paste addy and click invite 

then go back to tester site and it will test your mail sever is set up correct if not fix the problems   then your mail get to every provider no problems 

says mail not received 

Pages: 1 2 3 »