We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

credits problems - User Credits | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 12 '14
i have problem with few things in new credit 

i have set it up as per setup instruction,  

a bit hard as the 2 pages show different words for same action, my problems are
 1  set add friends to -1 credits and if user only has one credit they can add 200 or more friends until someone accepts one of the sent request then it takes the one credit 

2  set add groups or just about anything to +1 credit works fine but if i make a group or post a photo after i get my one credit i can delete the group or photo or anything else i done to get that credit and i still have that credit it does not take it away  
play games was for daily game play now its play every game so a user can open and close a lot of games and earn lots credits in no time

and

if a credit value is set in user credits it needs to auto disable that value in permissions page put a x in the permissions value 
with something at top say values with a x are controlled by user credit 
as its very confusion and not many people will be able to get this set up right  

i have had to setup the plugin for 3 ppl already because is to confusing 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 14 '14
Tammy, than you for your feedback. Let me check all the reported issues. I will get back to you with detailed reply shortly.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Hello Tammy,

1. User credits and friend requests.

Thanks you for reporting this issue. We have contact developers of "Friends" plugin and are currently working on fixing this issue. Most likely, both plugins ( Friends and User Credits) will need some fixing. I will keep you posted.

2. User credits and deleted content.

User Credits plugin uses Oxwall's user role actions and both are oriented toward "adding" content. The system itself in general is not oriented toward controlling/tracking down removal of content.

At this moment subtracting credits for the deleted content is also difficult to realize because of following reasons:
  a) content in Oxwall can be deleted not only by user himself, but also by moderators and site admin. Content is also deleted when plugin is uninstalled.
  b) User credits plugin doesn't work with negative credit balance. If user deletes the content, for example, after 2 month when his balance is already 0, it is unclear what to do in this case.

3. User credits and games.

We believe that this is related to the "Games" plugin. Have you conntact plugin developer? What did he say?

Regarding your suggestion about warning/notices for user roles vs user credits. That sounds reasonable. I will pass this over to our product development team. We will also contact Oxwall developers and see what can be done.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. Let me know if you find anything that seems to work incorrect or if you have any other suggestions.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 15 '14
if a admin or moderator deletes something the credits gained by that user  should be taken 

on plugin uninstall dont remove credits 

if credit count is 0 and admin deletes something of theres that they gained credits for keep at 0 

if user posted something and got 5 credits for it 
and  an hour latter deletes it and they have 3 credits at the time of delete then credits go to 0 

and theres more that dont work now like parus video pluss set to recieve credits for post video  
let credits plugin handle it  and can not see upload button 
worked fine before update 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
I will pass this your suggestions over to our product dev. team.

Regarding other plugins, there is really not much I can help you with  since all our plugin does is it collects items from those other plugin. If third party plugins have not been updated, you should request the developer to update asap.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 20 '14
thanks can you let me know the answer from dev
You do not have permission to reply this topic