We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed icon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 14 '14
When a user posts on Newsfeed their icon appears to the left. When someone comments on the post, the poster's icon is replaced by the commenter's icon. This make's it look like the commenter posted the material. Facebook doesn't work that way. The original poster's icon stays with the post. Can this be changed?
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '14
Jim, can you please provide screenshot of that - the poster's icon is replaced by the commenter's icon ? As I don't quite understand the issue. 
Sean
Sean Aug 15 '14
It changes the avatar to the user who just commented, that's what he means.

This is the behaviour of the newsfeed, I don't think it can be changed.
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 15 '14
i read long time ago here when 1.5  was out in another thread on this amd answer from  aliia that this would be fixed in an upcoming build 
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '14
Here's the screenshot of the newsfeed poster and a member who comments

I don't see any avatar changes

Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 15 '14

Quote from Sean It changes the avatar to the user who just commented, that's what he means.

This is the behaviour of the newsfeed, I don't think it can be changed.

Yes, I should have said avatar. I'm trying to create a Facebook-like environment and this behavior is odd. Should I be using a different module for the main page?
ross Team
ross Aug 17 '14
I'm sorry can you please provide a screenshot where avatar changes?
allyn
allyn Oct 6 '14
I'm late to this thread and I agree that the current behavior is a problem and confusing, but in a earlier thread complaining about the same problem, ross seems to indicate that this is the way he thinks it should work.  See http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14329

I did find a blog entry from Arvixe explaining how to modify the Oxwall code to modify this behavior: http://blog.arvixe.com/...how-correct-avatars/ and I've verified it works on 1.7.1.

This change isn't perfect either, because it keeps the original avatar and username on a post but no longer has any indication like "New User liked this" at the top of the post like Facebook does.  But I think overall it is less confusing this way than before.

The way Facebook works (at least for likes) is to print a line at the top WITHOUT AVATAR that says "New User likes this" and then shows the posting with the original user's avatar and name field.  This is the behavior I would like to see in Oxwall since that is what most people are familiar with.
The Forum post is edited by allyn Oct 6 '14
ali
ali Apr 11 '23
В Арт Академи в София, децата могат да се научат на различни техники за рисуване, керамика, крафт с полимерна глина и много други изкуствени дейности. През последните години, училището се е утвърдило като един от най-добрите центрове за изкуство за деца в София. Една от големите предимства на Арт Академи е, че децата не само могат да се забавляват, но и да учат много полезни умения като търпение, точност и творческо мислене. Децата могат да се развиват в своите умения и да изразят своята индивидуалност. В Арт Академи има и опитни учители, които ще насочат децата и ще им помогнат да развият своя талант. Всички материали и оборудване, необходими за изкуството, са на разположение в училището. Арт Академи