We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Customize this page (member pages) [Solved] | Forum

Bruce Randolph
Bruce Randolph Aug 15 '14
Our members can't customize their pages but all our admins can. This problem seems to have started when my head admin changed and added roles. The 1st change he made was changing Free to crew and then added admin and moderators. I have checked  the permissions and all of them are set right as well as made sure customize this page is checked. Ever since this change was made no regular member has been able to customize there page. I have tried to recreate this problem on my test site but  I have not been able to reproduce it.

Any help would be much appriciated.
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 25 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Bruce Randolph
Bruce Randolph Aug 19 '14

Member cannot customize their pages nor when they hover over their name will it drop down or show messages or notifications while on their page. We are using 1.7 platforms, we are on a VPS server and all our plug-ins are up to date. I have tried to fix this issue by uninstalling all the plug-ins and uploading them one at a time. I have also tried on a testing site mirroring every setting but still could not reproduce this problem. I have checked all the error logs ran the site in de-bug mode and there is nothing showing as far as errors let alone anything to point to why regular members can’t customize their pages. I have 3 other Oxwall sites and none of them have this problem I have also change the theme back to one of the templates and still have this issue.

The only ones on this site that can customize their pages is moderators, regular members cannot but if I make a regular member a moderator then they can customize their pages. For me this is not a fix because every time a new member joins you then have to make them a moderator just so they can customize their pages not to mention there is a difference between a regular member and a moderator and that is security issues for the site, even though I can uncheck admin and create a role they still may have access to things that regular members wouldn’t have. I wish I could give you more information on this but I cannot. The best I can do is give you the link to the site and let you see for yourself and if needed give you access to the whole thing in the server if needed through a pm. wetsworld.whygoape.com

ross Team
ross Aug 19 '14
I will need FTP and admin details for the website in PM, please. 
Bruce Randolph
Bruce Randolph Aug 22 '14
Issues solved