We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CANNOT INSTALL ON LOCALHOST MACHINE UNDER WINDOWS | Forum

Allen
Allen Oct 24 '11
OW Debug - Exception

Message: invalid userId File: C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_core\auth.php
Line: 121
Trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_core\user.php(144): OW_Auth->login('0')
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_install\controllers\install.php(450): OW_User->login('0')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_install\controllers\install.php(422): INSTALL_CTRL_Install->installComplete(Array)
#3 [internal function]: INSTALL_CTRL_Install->plugins()
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_install\classes\application.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\ow_install\install.php(75): INSTALL_Application->display()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\mwenzako\index.php(32): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#7 {main}
Type: InvalidArgumentException
The Forum post is edited by Allen Oct 24 '11
Den Team
Den Oct 24 '11
Check that you have the latest version of XAMP installed. Also, check that it has configured properly to work with sessions. 
This error means that script can't initiate $_SESSION array.
Den Team
Den Oct 24 '11
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Allen
Allen Oct 24 '11
Thanks Addenster for you promptly reply,
 I am using the XAMPP 1.7.3, hope this is latest based on given specifications. However, what do i have to correct to make this work.
Max
Max Oct 24 '11
I recommand to use with Wamp with windows..
Allen
Allen Oct 24 '11
Ok, let me download WAMP and work with it
Allen
Allen Oct 24 '11
I have downloaded the WAMP still i get same, let me try with XAMPP Latest, I am downloading it now.
Allen
Allen Nov 1 '11
I have done all the configurations, but i still get the error. How do i make, session configuration in xampp, i am using xampp 1.7.3 i tried latest xampp 1.7.7 but does not work with my xp sp2, even with all patches to install
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 1 '11
I have just recently used the latest xampp and it worked great for a backup from my hosted site.  Works 100% in my opinion.

(How do you do cron with xampp?)
Alan
Alan Nov 6 '11
Hey Michael well I am coming across the same problem, here's my understanding for us windows users and using nncron lite.

Ok so when you have nncron lite downloaded etc (you might be able to use cron.exe which will porbably be easier for you to understand as it's a GUI I can't use it I am using Win7 64 bit and xampp) you will then need to go to the nncron folder (where ever it has been saved/installed to) then open up cron.tab with notepad/wordpad of any editor of your choice, and THIS is the part that I am currently stuck on so have asked advice, you then add a cron leading to your run.php so let me give a quick example of what it within reason should look like BUT this will NOT work but the ending part to it IS correct because it will need to direct to the run.php

* * * * * C:\xampp\htdocs\owfolder\ow_cron\run.php

It's the first part of that syntax that I don't understand :( from my understanding that should be update run.php every minute but it fails, anyway once you have added the cron then you save the cron.tab and then (unless you can use cron.exe) you would click startcron.bat 

Sorry if that sounded complicated I tried to make it simple as I could and from my understanding I am about 80% to having cron working with windows and xampp 100%

As I said I have asked for help on the nncron site so now I await a reply and will post it here for you I am currently bookmarking this page as I know it's confusing for us windows/xampp users.

If it is simple enough and I finally get it working then I suggest adding it as a sticky for cron/windows/xampp users because cron for us really has been a confusing task even though it is pretty simple when you get a slight understanding of it's capabilities :) Also sorry for the lengthy post lol.

I should also add the latest version of oxwall is the only version that I could get to actually install and work fully with xampp so I am a happy bunny :)

I got the latest version of nncron for win7 64 and I get the GUI now also but STILL I need help with it so have asked and awaiting a reply lol.
The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 7 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 7 '11
I am going  to give this a go tonight.  I will let you know the outcome.
(I am wondering if you put */5  *  *  *  * at the beginning it should run every 5 mins.)
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 7 '11
I have tried a load of options.
Using firefox to initiate...
using cron.exe (0,1 * * * * is the correct start fro once a minute)
even tried to use wget to call it.
Try
downloading gnuwin32 from here   http://sourceforge.net/...1-setup.exe/download
Then run the command in a command window:
 c:\program files\gnuwin32\bin\wget.exe http://localhost/ow_cron/run.php

The output I get when I run this is
C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>wget http://michael-pc/ow_cron/run.php
SYSTEM_WGETRC = c:/progra~1/wget/etc/wgetrc
syswgetrc = C:\Program Files\GnuWin32/etc/wgetrc
--2011-11-07 21:37:35--  http://michael-pc/ow_cron/run.php
Resolving michael-pc... 192.168.1.3, 192.168.18.1, 192.168.112.1, ...
Connecting to michael-pc|192.168.1.3|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 0 [text/html]
Saving to: `run.php.1'

[ <=>                                   ] 0           --.-K/s   in 0s
2011-11-07 21:37:39 (0.00 B/s) - `run.php.1' saved [0/0]
C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>

If this is working then you can stick it in the task scheduler.
I have no idea of telling if cron is working or not...  Can ANYONE create a "manual cron button" or some way of proving cron worked.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 7 '11
If my xampp site sends me notification of a pending private message does that mean cron works? If so I just received a MSG I sent myself from the ox admin to me.  I received the email saying I had a MSG. 
Should I celebrate now?
Alan
Alan Nov 9 '11
I got nncron working also but I am only using nncron, my only issue now is I can't seem to change site email? I mean I changed it using the admin panel but it's still trying to send from an email address that I used which hasn't got the use of SMTP >.<

Here are my nncron.tab settings which work but I badly need to change my site email from my old one to the one that has SMTP settings that can be used. I am currently still playing with settings as I'm pretty sure that C:\program.exe needs to be directed to either nncron.exe or something like a php.exe?

#( Run_a_phpRule:
FILE-EXIST: "C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysite\ow_cron\run.php" 
Action:START-APP: C:\program.exe C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\ow_cron\run.php
BEGIN59000
PAUSE
AGAIN
)#

I was expecting cron to update things like when a message was posted (if you use or have used facebook you understand what I mean by that) but apparently it's one main use is for sending out emails. I wouldn't know as I have never had to use cron in this way before and the other stuff I have doesn't need for me to do anything to settings except put in my SMTP details and that's it everything else seems to already be configured unless it is being used in a different way?
Ok I have it 100% working and just using nncron alone ;) Correct nncron config for people whom are using nncron should be if using xampp is,

#( Run_a_phpRule:
FILE-EXIST: "C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysite\ow_cron\run.php" 
Action:START-APP: C:\xampp\php\php.exe C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysite\ow_cron\run.php
BEGIN 59000
PAUSE
AGAIN
)#

How do I know this is working? My iPhone just started bombarding me with "test" emails from yesterday hahaha. Working 100% now :)
The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 9 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 9 '11
Good call!  Might need to start a forum up explaining how to use dynamic dns services as more and more people start to host in xampp cos shared hosting might not be as suitable for oxwall!
Alan
Alan Nov 9 '11
:D I posted up somewhere on here with picture instructions on what to do for cron to try to simplify it for people. I find hosting it myself hardly restricted the only real restrictions that I now have is how big the hard drive is but that's an easy enough fix just by getting another hard drive or I'm wondering if there is a possibility to use my hard drive and a separate host just to hold files like uploads from people?

If I have thought about it then I guess it could well be a possibility and if it isn't then I will make it happen or at least give it a good go, I don't like to be beaten by computers and thus far I have won all my battles against my computer haha.

For anybody wondering where the picture instructions are then it is here ----->http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/63?&page=2
The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 9 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 10 '11
Your main issues for hosting locally are not diskspace, That is a minor problem and easily rectified.  Your main issue is bandwidth.  your internet connection will suffer as your site grows and may infringe acceptable use policies with the ISP.
Also as your site grows you will need to consider stable backups, UPS, fallback systems etc.
Host companies provide all that. 
Alan
Alan Nov 10 '11
Ahh so diskspace isn't going to be a problem? Then I am going to be fine lol. Bandwidth is not an issue :)
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 11 '11
hard drives are cheap as chips!  If hositng in windows using xampp as long as your cpu, memory, space and bandwidth are adequate you will be ok.  (and a static ip address or a dyn-dns entry)

It will be very easy to run a second PC and sync the xampp folders from one machine to another each night so if one dies you have a ready to go backup.
Alan
Alan Nov 16 '11
I have not even tickled my hard drive yet lol, and that's with adding stuff all the time. Everything is static already ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 »