We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How To Remove “Creator”, “I’m attending (change)” and “Invite” button in Event Plugin | [RE-Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Wilson
Wilson Aug 20 '14
This is a 3 part question that deals with the “Event” plugin.

1. Trying to remove the “creator” information (see attachment a.jpg) in the “details” area of the “event” page

2. Also would like to remove (see attachment b.jpg) the “I’m attending (change)” area on the “event” page. My client
    does not want that feature to be seen.

3. And finally remove the “Invite” button (see attachment c.jpg) on the “event” page, client does not want that feature to be seen too.

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Oct 9 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
apply these styles: 

.attend_buttons{display: none}
.ow_tr_last{display: none}
#inviteLink{display: none}

Wilson, I recommend you to check these tutorials: http://www.w3schools.com/css/ this will help you in future customizations :)

Wilson
Wilson Aug 21 '14
Hey Ross,

Worked great, thanks' for the help on this! Yea I'm learning css, but would web3 know what bit of code in the oxwall core to take out? Anyway I'll keep learning for sure...just keep teaching us all...lol

Thanks again...looking forward to 1.7.1 fixes!

Wilson
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
you need to inspect the element in order to find necessary one. I believe there are a lot of tutorials in the web how to use firebug
Wilson
Wilson Aug 21 '14
got it Ross...well look into it for sure...thanks for the pointer!

hey Chris_W

What does this do? >> .current_status{display:none}

Wilson
Wilson
Wilson Oct 8 '14

Ok after thinking this code .ow_tr_last{display: none} worked fine...I see I was wrong as I have fund a bug when using it.

So I asked what code could we use to remove the “creator” information (see attachment a.jpg) in the “details” area of the “event” page?

Ross kindly replied .ow_tr_last{display: none}

and yes it works (see photos add-event-d.jpg and add-event-e.jpg), but it does not allow you to post anymore "Events" and or "Photo's" once you insert the code .ow_tr_last{display: none} (see add-event-a.jpg and add-event-b.jpg) Also when you look at the photos add-event-a.jpg and add-event-b.jpg you will see that I circled the "who can view" area. After I take the .ow_tr_last{display: none} code out, it works fine again and in the circled area "who can view" is there and now "who can invite" is now there as well. (see add-event-c.jpg

So my question is, HOW (IF) can we still take out the  “creator” information in the “details” area of the “event” page because this code seams to not work right.

Both in versions 1.7.1 & 1.6

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Oct 8 '14
Attachments:
  add-event-a.jpg (77Kb)
  add-event-b.jpg (79Kb)
  add-event-c.jpg (78Kb)
  add-event-d.jpg (59Kb)
  add-event-e.jpg (63Kb)
ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
Alright then in this file:

ow_plugins/event/views/controllers/base_view.html

find and remove/cooment these lines:

<tr class="ow_tr_last">
            <td class="ow_label" style="width: 25%">{text key='event+view_page_created_label'}</td>
            <td class="ow_value"><a href="{$info.creatorLink}">{$info.creatorName}</td>
        </tr>

then enable dev mode, refresh the page, disable dev mode.
Wilson
Wilson Oct 9 '14
Yes sir, that works and I can post new events and post new photos. Strange how that effected both components.

Thanks again Ross! +1
Wilson
ross Team
ross Oct 9 '14
The element has same class