We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photos posted to newsfeed do not display in newsfeed [Solved] | Forum

Alex
Alex Aug 20 '14
Our Oxwall site just upgraded to 1.7.0, and we've encountered a very strange bug. Usually, our users could just upload a photo to the newsfeed on our site. Though the button and functionality appears to be the same, the post is instead moved to the photo section, and never displays in the newsfeed at all. The plugin is "Photos" and came stock with Oxwall. It has worked like a trooper for years, so I'm hopeful this is just a settings issue or something like that. I welcome any and all advice or input on this matter. thank you all in advance!
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 21 '14
Attachments:
  A Photo Test 1.png (6Kb)
  A Photo Test 2.png (52Kb)
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
When you click on send what happens next?
Alex
Alex Aug 21 '14
The bar disappears like nothing was posted. A few moments later, the photo shows up in our photo section with whatever text the user input, but never displays to the home page. It also takes the liberty of creating a new album for the user titled "Newsfeed Photos" and places the photos from the feed in this album.
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
Can you please share your URL? also, please disable all 3rd party plugins switch to the default theme and enable debug mode. 
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
I work with Alex on the site.

I put debug mode on as well as put the "origin" theme.

http://vidigosocial.net/

This is our site, I'll let Alex disable plugins. 

ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
First of all I see you have removed attribution link from your website, you're not allowed to do that, restore the image please

this is the error I got when I completed my registration

please check whether you have master page folder and all files in there in the currently active theme

then please go to your server, rename ow_logs folder to ow_log and change permissions of the folder to 777

Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
May I ask which attribution image? I don't remember removing any image.
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
I renamed ow_logs to ow_log.
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
Forget about it, now it is ok, seems like it did not load that time. 

So, what about your master pages?

I registered at your website, but can't enter as I did not confirm my e-mail. However I still don't get the e-mail, can you please verify my account

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 21 '14
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
Done.
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
I'm sorry is the current theme and newsfeed plugin up-to-date? What are the permissions of ow_userfiles folder?
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
The newfeed plugin is up to date, and there was never a message saying at theme update for Origin, only for another theme which is already up to date.

And ow_userfiles are 777

ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
I will need FTP and admin details in PM , please
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
Alrighty sir.
Woot
Woot Aug 21 '14
Ross fixed the issue for us, thanks Ross so much for taking the time out of your life to help us. :)
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
No problem: )