We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does This Work With 1.7 - Auto ViewMore | Forum

Rob R
Rob R Aug 24 '14
Anyone have problems with this on 1.7?  Thanks.
Mohammad
Mohammad Aug 26 '14
There is no release note about changing anything in newsfeed so yes,you can use it with 1.7 and 1.7.1 too
Rob R
Rob R Aug 26 '14
Thanks for the response.

Actually I just realized how problematic auto load can be with my particular theme on mobile - Facebook Go.  There are modules *after* the newsfeed so if feeds automatically get loaded, presumably it would take forever to get to those modules.
Mohammad
Mohammad Aug 26 '14
Yes, a few hours ago I wrote this in plugin description:

Auto click viewMore button,Tested on Oxwall 1.5,1,6 and 1.7,work with every viewMore button in newsfeed,added an animated loading picture instead of viewMore buttonThis plugin just support standard themes

BTW,your problem can be fix easily,but I'm so busy right now,I'll update it as soon as I can to solve this issue,then you can use it

Good luck

Rob R
Rob R Aug 26 '14
Thanks I will follow this topic to see when you have fixed it.  Out of curiosity, what did you have in mind?  For it to check if there are modules underneath in responsive mode?
Mohammad
Mohammad Aug 30 '14
Rob R,I'm sorry for delay

I'll just try optimize this for desktop and I can't and don't want to optimize it for responsive themes in small sizes,the reason is it's not necessary and I don't have any responsive theme to try  (good to mention,I need to add an option to make sure users are visiting from their desktop )

Rob R
Rob R Aug 30 '14
I completely understand Mohammad.  However I made a photography portfolio grid style with minimal footer info and it's perfect with auto-load on mobile responsive.  I did however recently come across a social network site (not oxwall) that used auto load on main content despite having substantial content of interest in the footer.  That was highly annoying trying to chase the footer links that I just left the site.
You do not have permission to reply this topic