We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Make Groups/Events Details Private But Viewable in List | Forum

Rob R
Rob R Aug 26 '14
Any way to make private groups and events still viewable in the groups and events blocks (for marketing purposes) but the details restricted to group members or event invitees?  I'm thinking of two levels:

*  Guests can view all events and groups in the sidebar blocks but cannot view the details.

*  Members can view all events and groups in the sidebar blocks but can only view details of groups and events they are part of.
Rob R
Rob R Aug 26 '14
I overlooked the permission settings in admin which addresses the first bullet above. 

I can confirm that having boxes unchecked for Guests for Groups and Events still allows them to see the names of groups and events in the sidebar but does not allow them to view the details just as I was hoping.

However, any way to have the same be for members who are not part of that group or event?  I know I can make groups and events private but then the name of the group or event does not show in the sidebar.
ross Team
ross Aug 27 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.