We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Strange message for birthday plugin | Forum

pit
pit Aug 27 '14
Hi there. This is a low urgency bug.

I'm have a strange traduction or text in the newsfeed message. when any have their birthday. Look at this message on newsfeed:

'birthdays+birthday' ?????????

I search for any bad traduction on pluggin but no. All words are fine.

+info: I have vers 1.7.1 and birthday plugin... i think is the last because don't show me any new update.

Who is this? how can i solve?

ross Team
ross Aug 27 '14
can you please provide a screenshot of this value birthday in the newsfeed in the Language section?
pit
pit Aug 28 '14
Of course

... you can see all traductions (the 'birthdays+birthday' variable don't exists, but, in traductions i don't put 'birthdays+birthday' text in any field.

and in the page 2

ross Team
ross Aug 28 '14
can you switch to english please?
pit
pit Aug 28 '14
why no??

and:

pit
pit Aug 28 '14

it's very strange, all traductions are maked but when I stablish a "ENG" like my default language, the header "Hoy es el cumpleaños de..." (Today is a birthday of...) don't change!!

And the 'birthdays+birthday' text it's always the same

ross Team
ross Aug 28 '14
pit, my profile on your website is not admin, can you please give me admin right or send me admin details, so I could check the issue
pit
pit Aug 28 '14
Ok... this is a problem with my theme, when i update (with a ross instructions) the theme "birthday+birthday TODAY" line don't shows anymore.

Then, we uninstall the birthday plugin (warning: all last birthday notifications are delete, make sure that you know and assume it). Now I need to make all traductions to my language other time and then see if "Hoy es el cumpleaños de..." or "Today is the birthday of..." shows well in their respective language option. (when i do this, i report here). 

pit
pit Aug 28 '14
..... well..... this is the result of all changes:

in English:

In spanish:

Now, the line on right of avatar show Correctly the info. 

(it's very important this line because in the last versions, many people make comments and the newsfeed don't show the DAY of the birthday... people only read: "Today it's the XXXXX birthday", always the same message.... now with this new line we are informed if it's today, or yesterday or 6 days ago)

The problem of first line it's other thing... before changes, shows the message in spanish always, now only shows a... 'var name'?

The Forum post is edited by pit Aug 28 '14
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Aug 30 '14
I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.7.1 but my theme (showcase) has already been updated so I'm a bit confused here as to what to do.
Attachments:
  Image2.jpg (6Kb)
ross Team
ross Aug 31 '14
Reinstall birthday plugin, please