We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Here is how to deactivate all the plugins at once when updating. | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 31 '14

UPDATE 04/16/2015   DONT DO THIS, READ POSTS TO FIND OUT WHY! 

When your updating and you need to deactivate all your plugins before you update.  Why sit there and do it one by one, omg its nuts. 

Just go to your phpMyAdmin  and run this sql 

UPDATE `ow_base_plugin` SET `isActive`= 0 WHERE `isActive` = 1 AND id > 3

everything under 3 you need like admin panel and ow base, every over 3 should be ok, just check your install plugins afterwards, if you get a blank page just look at your table, sort it by id, and look at the first couple of items, you may have turned off something you need, if so just edit it and put the 1 back in isActive and your all set.  

Much quicker than doing it one by one.. 

When you re-activate sorry you HAVE to do it one by one, because your checking for errors and issues along the way... sorry cant help you with that, we are all stuck with that one.. :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 16 '15
Ricky
Ricky Sep 2 '14
how to uninstall a particular plugin using mysql query
dave Leader
dave Sep 2 '14

There is a uninstall option from the Plugins section of the admin area, any reason you dont want to use that option?

If you want to know the process here it is, i think i covered everything..

Remove the item from the ow_base_plugin table

Remove any plugin by name associated tables

Remove the item folder from ow_plugins dir

Remove the item folder from ow_static/plugins dir

Remove the item folder from ow_userfiles/plugins  dir

clear your site cache.

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 2 '14
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Sep 3 '14

Quote from dave UPDATE `ow_base_plugin` SET `isActive`= 0 WHERE `isActive` = 1 AND id > 3
It is NOT a secure way of deactivating plugins, I would not recommend doing it this way, because /deactivate.php should be called for each plugin being deactivated which won't happen if you do it via sql query.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 3 '14
+1 to Oxwall CandyStore  reply. Deactivate.php is responsible for removing plugin's widgets, menu items and etc.

I recommend deactivating plugin via DB only when you don't have access to admin panel due to the error.
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '14

Please understand the contex under which i advised this.   Only for temp deactivation during a update. Not for perm deactivation, which should not, did not, has not affected my install at all.

Now, i agree you never do this for perm deactivation and uninstall,  i would never recommend this for perm removal of a plugin. But for temp deactivation during an update should not harm anything that i have found so far.

Please advise? 

dave Leader
dave Apr 16 '15
Now that i have my second plugin under my belt it is time for me to sit down to a nice juicy dinner of crow on this one while i have one foot in my mouth.   Gosh i was so wrong!!  

+1 Aliia  and Oxwall Candystore  

Yep the deactivate php file needs to be called.  Even though some plugins do not have special instructions in there, how are you going to know unless you check and who is going to take the time to do that.  So never never never do what i did here, the only way is to do them one at a time like we have always done. 

My totally sincere apology for this misinformation.  :(   i was a bad boy. 

Now i will enjoy my plate of crow and my toe jam lmao    

thanks.. 

dave Leader
dave Apr 18 '15
Well now after my delicious dinner of crow and foot and a good nap afterwords...lol   i dusted myself off and got to work solving this issue.   And i wrote a plugin to do just this, safely and efficiently.  It saves the last 9 main plugins and holds them till the last and then it uses the same process that individual clicking does to shut all the minor plugins down.  Then it shuts down the main ones in order to be safe.   It is in moderation now and should be on the market this next week.  :)

Dedi Galih
Dedi Galih Nov 22 '17
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing. 1. Jasa SEO 2. Google SEO 3. Pembuatan Website 4. Google Adwords 5. SEO 6. Website 7. Sewa Villa di Puncak 8. Villa di Puncak Jasa SEO Google Adwords Pembuatan Website