We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Compatibility - Group Cover | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 3 '14
Hello,

in the description it says that 1.6+ is a requirement, suggesting that this version is still supported by Oxwall 1.6, while on the other hand it says to be compatible with 1.7.0 and 1.7.1.

I am still running 1.6, is this version working also with 1.6 ?

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Sep 3 '14
Hello,

I removed Oxwall 1.6 from the description. This plugin does not support Oxwall 1.6. 

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Dec 10 '14
So if i have 1.7.2 and does not want to upgrade anymore and oxwall came out with 1.8 ver, it will not support 1.7.2 anymore later on? Are you going to keep upgrading/supporting this plugin and the profile cover plugin? Howcome in group plugin you dont have options for admin to upload default cover like profile cover? Would i be able to move where the profile photo will be placed at instead of the left side to the center of the cover of both profile and group cover? Thanks.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Dec 10 '14
Hello,

So if i have 1.7.2 and does not want to upgrade anymore and oxwall came out with 1.8 ver, it will not support 1.7.2 anymore later on? 

The latest plugin version usually support only latest core version. If you want to stay on older versions of Oxwall core, you will not receive new plugin updates and new features.

Are you going to keep upgrading/supporting this plugin and the profile cover plugin?

I will keep upgrading and supporting all my plugins. 

Howcome in group plugin you dont have options for admin to upload default cover like profile cover?

Cover Gallery for Group Cover plugin is in my roadmap.

Would i be able to move where the profile photo will be placed at instead of the left side to the center of the cover of both profile and group cover? 

This feature is not planned. I will review it.

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Dec 11 '14
Ok, i thought you did not respond to my question because there no notifications. You can delete my other comment. 

The reason for moving the profile photo to the style we want/need is so that it will not exactly look like facebooks. Actually you can add option of hiding profile photo and just use cover photo and i will definitely get this plugin. Does your plugins even cause slowness of loading.....,thats the other concern i have that if i use so many plugins it will slow down my sites loading. Thanks.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Dec 11 '14
You can hide profile picture using CSS added via admin panel.

Profile and group covers do not perform any heavy operations which could slow down your site.

You do not have permission to reply this topic