We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can I transfer my web site to my new domain? [Answered] | Forum

Aswin G K
Aswin G K Nov 1 '11

My host is going to stop hosting of "co.cc " domain. So I am planing to change my domain "Digi-Friend" to "Digifriend". I just install Oxwall in my new hosting account.  Can I transfer my old web site to my new domain? If I cannot is there any way to add my users to my new site without registering again by using the previous database? 

The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 22 '13
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 1 '11
you can certainly move your installation to another site/host or whatever.  Just need to make sure the ow_includes/config.php prarameters are right
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
Your website will never move technically. Your domain will just change so the above will work.

If you plan to move hosting then you have to make sure the same permissions are setup on the folders and the cron job is changed.
James Rainsford
James Rainsford Nov 6 '13

how do you change the cron job, if no cpanel

just changed hosting, do you have to reinstall in new hosting via install page, or should it start in index page.

Alia Team
Alia Nov 11 '13
James, hosting companies always provide some kind of control panel ( not necessarily cPanel).
Using given control panel you should have access to Cron Jobs.
If you are not sure where to look for, contact your host.

>>just changed hosting, do you have to reinstall in new hosting via install page, or should it start in index page.

Depends on how your site was backed up.
If you have a full back up ( database+files), then you can just restore your site from this back up using the tools within your control panel. You can also ask your host to do this for you. With full back up you will not be going through install pages.