We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to remove see more buttons | Forum

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
How can I remove or get ride of the whole see more on comments? Half of the time the see more buttons don't even work and members just keep complaining about it.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
I thought that was only for the newsfeed. 
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
Yea it only works for view more button at the end of newsfeed, not the see more buttons on comments. Thnx though.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
I know there is a code somewhere that control the see more, but idk how to get to it or remove it. I'd rather the entire comment show, versus the see more option.

<a href="javascript://" class="ow_small" onclick="$('#more-5409f5a7e1b69').attr('data-collapsed', 0);" style="padding-left:4px;">See more</a>

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
Well I don't want to just hide it, I want to remove the actual javascript that hides the rest of the comment, sense the button doesn't seem to work all the time. I don't want half or more of the comment hidden.
The Forum post is edited by Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 5 '14
No not all comments showing, just all comment content showing. 

Welcome to our site. We want you to have a great experience here and so we've created a couple quick and easy steps to help you get started. First off, Roleplay Social is a roleplaying social network for all genres of roleplay. Which means we accept roleplayer(writers and role takers) from every imaginable place, time, book, show, thought, or dream. If you can think it, we can roleplay it.

Not 
Welcome to our site. We want you to have a great experience here and so we've created a couple quick and easy steps to help you get started... <link>see more</link>

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 6 '14
I figured out a solution to this. I can remove the truncated info with css and make the full text show instead. Using the following code.

.ow_more_text[data-collapsed="1"] span:nth-child(1){display:inline-block !important}.ow_more_text span:nth-child(2){display:none}

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 6 '14
I'd like to remove the java tag altogether to avoid loading the script, but this will work for now.
Fred
Fred Oct 1 '14
Hi,What you are searching for is in 'yoursite.com/ow_smarty/plugin/modifier.more.php'

The Forum post is edited by Fred Oct 1 '14
Musik
Musik Oct 29 '14
Hey Vlad. Just wanted to say that this thread helped me with my own troubleshooting issues. The "See More" truncation added in 1.7 has really screwed with my Newsfeed Tag and Oxart Comment Votes plugins. Took me a while to figure out the issue wasn't the plugins themselves but was the truncation instead.

It's lines 33 - 39 of the file Fred posted. Update the character amount that I bolded below and it should help. I upped mine to 1000 so "See More" essentially doesn't appear anymore. The site I run is a gaming guild site with members that have been together for 5+ years, so there isn't an issue of trust when it comes to comment length.

Hope this helps!

{    $truncated = UTIL_String::truncate($string, $length);        if ( strlen($string) - strlen($truncated) < 50 )    {        return $string;    }

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Oct 30 '14
Hey no problem and thank you.
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 10 '14
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
Thanks Vladimir, you helped me. The "See More" links had bugs. Now I can solve it with your idea.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Sep 2 '15
No problem, glad to be of some help :)