We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Website crashed ! after upgrade to 1.7.1 vesion .[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Markus
Markus Sep 6 '14
Hi I was running version 1.6 and version 1.7.1 was very ,,catchy,, many improvements and modifications so i decided to have a go new version .
After upgrade crashed and even backup pro didn't work to restore website files ...... I contacted hosting company but nothing ... files are compressed in backup and something what is compressed cause and error to restore files ?
any ideas what cause crashed and where is a problem ?

Thank you in advance

>> M <<      
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 21 '14
Markus
Markus Sep 6 '14
I restored files using WHM Cpanel but I lost content from last few days and some users but website is back again .
Markus
Markus Sep 6 '14
Update instruction to 1.7.1 is not working or is not clear created .... and it is not just me many many oxwallers has the same problem .
ross Team
ross Sep 7 '14
Markus how can we tell what the problem was? We do not know how you did the update, have you not followed the update instructions? What was the exact problem? Were there any errors. 
Markus
Markus Sep 8 '14
Ross .... website is upgraded but messages plugin is crashing website again . .... Choosing message mode : any of three options crashing website after pressing "Save"
Any clues or help ?

thank you in advance

>> M <<
ross Team
ross Sep 8 '14
What do you mean by crashing? Is it a blank page or some error? Please enable debug mode, check your error logs of the time this occurred. 

Paste the screenshot here, please. 

Markus
Markus Sep 9 '14
Test shot 1 is after pressing "save"
Attachments:
  test shot 3.JPG (144Kb)
  test shot 2.JPG (156Kb)
  test shot 1.JPG (181Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 10 '14
Have you updated messages plugin as well?
Markus
Markus Sep 10 '14
Ross
I updated "core" and all plugins before I open the website .... but is not matter any more because I am back to 1.6 .
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '14
Alright, it's up to you, however if you have not reverted to 1.6 please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details. I would look into the issue. 
Markus
Markus Sep 12 '14
Thank you Ross ... but I reverted to 1.6 .
Be honest with you 1.6 is better in my opinion just messages plugin in better in 1.7 but with many problems like I see in forum .
I will contact you in the future with my problems if i will have some ok ?
Thank you again for professional support and advises .

regards >>M<<
Markus
Markus Sep 14 '14
Ross
I have weird conflict-error  attached screenshot will show you what I get every 15 seconds when I am using admin accounts .... plugin called "Admin Pal" has been activated before . I contacted developer "Purus" but he said : ,, How does ajamim plugin is related to this plugin? this plugin does not use any ajax or even java script. ''
Other accounts are ok because this plugin has not been used .... browsers freeze the screen after I press any button and window appear after .
Any ideas what is wrong ?
This is 100% plugin bug or some error ? 

regards >>M<<
Attachments:
  test shot 3.JPG (79Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '14
Please create a separate post with your issue, as it has nothing to do with the topic. 
Markus
Markus Oct 21 '14
Ross
I have a go again version 1.7.1 and mailbox plugin is not working like before.
I will send you my PM admin and Cpanel access details can you have a look what is wrong with message plugin - please.

ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
the mailbox is fixed, please activate the plugins I disabled, also I could not reproduce the issue with the photo in the newsfeed. 
Markus
Markus Oct 22 '14
Thank you Ross for quick and professional help with my issues ... many thanks again :)