We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group by invitation only | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Raymond
Raymond Sep 14 '14
Hi, i set my website ue.youclique.com as by invitational only.  my expectations are members can only sign up in the site if they receive an invitation either thru facebook or email.

I have no problems with the email, maybe just a little help on how can i able to edit the html file of the email

but for the facebook inviter, whenever i send an invite to somebody, and that somebody clicks the link and go to my site, still they cannot sign up.
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '14
Have you configured your FB contact importer? Have you obtain SSL certificate? No need to duplicate your posts, please
Raymond
Raymond Sep 14 '14
Hi ross sorry for the duplicate post, anyway i already have an ssl cert.  i already configured the fb conatct importer

i tried using the contact importer and i can now access the site thru the link sent on the fb notif, but whenever i use that link, it should redirect you to the sign up page right (my site is invitational only).  works fine in email inviting

ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
I'm sorry where the link redirects you?
Raymond
Raymond Sep 15 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
That's because you set your website registration by invitation only. 
Raymond
Raymond Sep 16 '14
yes ross, that's what ive said that my site is by invitation only.

it means that a person can only register if he/she received an invitation from any of the members either thru facebook or google or email thru contact importer right?

When i invite people using email, they receive an email invitation and when they click the link it redirects them to the site's sign up form (which i think is the normal behavior if you click the link from the invitation sent using the contact importer)

Whenever i invite people on facebook using the contact importer still, they receive a notification with a link (since i already bought SSL cert), but when they click the link it redirects them here, where they cant sign up unlike whats happening in email inviting

Whenever i invite people using google plus, again using the contact importer, i cant invite people i dont know why, here's whats happening

All of these are done using the contact importer, because i assume that when you say "by invitation only", a person can only sign up if he/she receives an invitation either thru facebook, google plus, or email using the contact importer.  Thanks
Raymond
Raymond Sep 17 '14
hope to have a solution for this, i cant launch my site to my school until its fixed :(
ross Team
ross Sep 18 '14
As to the google - you have not configured the application properly see the tutorial in the DOCs section

As to the facebook, can you please PM me FB profile link, I'll add you to friends and we'll try it again. 

Raymond
Raymond Sep 18 '14
Hi ross, i already send you the profile link

As to google, i follow the instruction one by one, well actually i think the tutorial is a little out dated? i cant seem to figure out where i made a mistake in configuring it :(
ross Team
ross Sep 22 '14
This is a bug with FB contact importer, we have reported this to our developers, we'll be fixed in one of the upcoming updates. 

As to Google importer please provide screenshot of the Google OAuth settings, this page: http://docs.oxwall.org/_media/plugin-tuts:gimpoter3.png?cache=

Raymond
Raymond Sep 23 '14
Hi hope you will release the next update asap as i cant launch my site until this feature is fixed :(

Google:

ross Team
ross Sep 23 '14
See this step in the tutorial more attentively, the authorized redirect URI differs
Raymond
Raymond Sep 24 '14
still cant do it right ross, i already followed the url

ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
what error do you receive now, when you use Google contact importer?
Raymond
Raymond Sep 25 '14
i provide a screen shot of the error
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
Raymond, please provide me screenshot of every step you do according to the tutorial
Raymond
Raymond Sep 26 '14
i go here https://console.developers.google.com/project

then

i click the app name

go to API & auth

credentials

create new client id

then the screen shot above
Raymond
Raymond Sep 27 '14
i appreciate all the help that will come thanks
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
Please provide a screenshot of the steps above and the data you input there. 
Pages: 1 2 3 »