We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

BUYER BEWARE - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Rob R
Rob R Sep 18 '14
That's a bit unfair locking a topic without giving me a chance to respond isn't it?

------------------

Rob R Sep 15 Just sent the developer a message hoping they'll see it soon.  This plugin is still very buggy.  I see the #39 mentioned in other posts.  My buttons disappear (yup, disappear) lol. 

Hopefully I get a response.
#1 Rob R 6 hours ago Evidently theres an update.  But I don't see it.  Waiting for the update on the update.  Yes, getting annoyed now.
#2 OxwallAccessories 3 hours ago there has been 2 updates since 9/15...  #3 · Flag Rob R 19 minutes ago for autocomplete - not for the $40 plugin i bought from you.  still broken.  refund?
#4 Rob R 19 minutes ago here goes another 3 day wait ... i guess u get what u pay for with oxwall.
#5 Rob R 14 minutes ago Paypal case opened.  This "developer" is a JOKE.
#6 OxwallAccessories 14 minutes ago Rob what are you talking about? The plugin has been updated twice in the past 3 days. as soon as your cron job fires up you will see an update in your admin panel. You also have the choice for a manual update just make sure to delete the old plugin from the database first.  #7 · Flag Rob R 10 minutes ago its funny these joker developers suddenly pop out of the woodwork only when you resort to an aggressive post.  again BUYER BEWARE.
#8 Rob R 8 minutes ago and FYI your autocomplete update completes causes java script conflicts.  let me guess - wait for the next update????  JOKER.
#9 OxwallAccessories 7 minutes ago Funny part is we have updated this plugin many times in the past few days. We have told the community who have asked for the auto complete feature many times that it is a hard plugin to develop. Yet we have and gave it away for free. Along with support for free and 3 updates in the past 5 days I think that really the joke here is your post. have a wonderful day. P.s. paypal does not cover software.  #10 · Flag Rob R 6 minutes ago Case in point ^^

YOU WANNA GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS WINNER???
#11 OxwallAccessories 1 minute ago Case in point this is OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE. You got a functional plugin and if there is any issues we are happy to help. If you want perfection out of a box then spend $20,000 and have a perfect site built. 

This is a $40 plugin that has A LOT of code involved. It works great and our support is fast. If you have any issues our company is always around to find a solution and of course when you have open source software every site has different setups.  Just like I tried to publicly address a bug for this gentleman I will address all others. If 1 day is too long to wait for an update then I suggest NOT using open source software. Thank you. 

The Forum post is edited by OxwallAccessories within 1 minute #12 · Flag
------------------------------

ONE DAY?????  I have purchased over $500 of plugins from the store and YOU are the ONLY awful experience I have had.  Ask Purus, ask anon, ask jk, ask any of them I have GIVEN MONEY TO.

YOU DO NOT TAKE ONE DAY.  YOU TAKE MANY DAYS AND THE ONLY RESPONSE I GET IS "wait for the update."

AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK.

go ahead and lock this.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 18 '14
Rob you posted on the 15th of an issue. I released an update for your problem with a few hours. and then again yesterday. And that was both plugins. So what you are telling everyone here is don't buy from me because if something is wrong my way of fixing it is to update the product so everyone gets the same fix. How would you like me to do this any better?  This is typical for all developers. I have plugins from purus and aron that they have had to update as well. SO what is it you are even talking about. 

Oxwall Accessories
let me explain to you th eprocess that I as well as every other developer here uses. 

1 you report an error. 

2. I reproduce error. 

3. we fix it and release an update. 

or  

1. you report an error

2. I can't reproduce it in which case we ask to look at the cpanel or ftp 

3. we fix the issue and update if necessary 

So again we would be happy to help you but if you are going to carry on publicly like this without giving us the opportunity to fix the issue then your pretty much on your own. 

Rob R
Rob R Sep 18 '14
You can argue all you want.  End of the day, you have a VERY PISSED OFF customer that PAID YOU MONEY.

And THIS is how you want to fix this????  Arguing with the very people that GIVE YOU MONEY????  WOW.  Stick to your programming and hire a real sales person.
Rob R
Rob R Sep 18 '14
OPPORTUNITY????  What the heck have I been doing the past week waiting for ONE DECENT reply from you???? 

Seriously, I have better things to do - like watch paint dry - than argue with someone that has NO BUSINESS being IN BUSINESS.

Carry on - you honestly think you're helping your product with this banter???  You honestly think anyone out there wont be hesitant to buy your plugins after seeing how you approach customers??   DO YOU HONESTLY think the few you've actually "helped" (according to you) is enough???

L.O.L.
Rob R
Rob R Sep 18 '14
And SINCE SEP 15, the ONLY reply I EVER got from you is:

---------------------------------

12:26AM

OxwallAccessories

update being released now

WTF???????????????

Yet now, you suddenly have time to write paragraph after paragraph defending your PATHETIC business???

Oxwall Accessories
Hey Rob you are being http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Belligerent . I asked you to try the update that my team coded ( FOR YOUR REPORTED ISSUE). If you are having trouble we would be happy to help. You are not allowing us to help you are just carrying on an unneeded argument. For the last time I say, If you would like us to take a look I am sure there was an issue with the update. Easily fixable or you can continue to bash us. choice is yours. 
Rob R
Rob R Sep 18 '14
Whats most telling is, until this "belligerence," the ONLY thing I ever heard from you despite asking for an update daily for the past week was:

12:26AM

OxwallAccessories

update being released now
Oxwall Accessories
your lying now. 
Oxwall Accessories

Sep 1502:33PMRob RHi, 

I just bought and installed this plugin (and also installed the autocomplete - again, well played! lol) but having some issues:

1) When I click #Discover, it shows posts that have no hash tags in them. When I click @Connect, it only shows posts with @ in them.

2) Same issue as in the forum showing #39 as a hashtag - OH! this must be why its showing in #Discover then.

3) What is the little box after the Search box?

4) Here is the most annoying thing though: the boxes disappear! Try clicking on Search then go back to the Dashboard and there are no boxes.

5) Lastly, can this be shown on both the Dashboard and main Activity Feed?

Here is my website and some admin credentials. For now I have disabled the plugin but it is available to be activated.

http://www.tribalsurf.net/
Usernameusername: TXXXXX
password: XXXXXXXX
Please advise asap. Thanks.

Rob

I just bought this plugin and see the same issue as posted in the forums - #39 appears as a trend.

Also, where can I add a or some spacing between the buttons and the status box?

Lastly, I see a small box next03:57PMOxwallAccessoriesI have logged in to take a look. I will pass this on to the development team. DO you have cpanel details as well sir?04:07PMRob RWill FTP credentials do? Thanks.04:15PMRob RIf so, here are FTP credentials:

Host: XXXXXm
User: tsXxxxxx04:39PMRob RUnfortunately, I can't make another cpanel account. (I'm on shared hosting.) Please just let me know what you needed.10:02PMRob RHi, I noticed that you might have been on my site. Has your dev team found whats wrong? Thanks.10:14PMOxwallAccessorieshttps://phxxxxxxxxxxxx:2083/
User: txxxxxxxxm
Password: Nxxxxxxxxx0

This is not allowing for access to the cpanel.10:16PMOxwallAccessoriesI took a look and passed it to my dev team. he asked me to get cpanel access. I am sure he will get you fixed right up.

Sep 1612:17AMRob RI'm on a shared hosting account so I cannot create cpanels. Did he need to make changes to the database or something? The credentials I gave earlier were for FTP not cpanel.12:22AMRob RPlease note also I changed the TempAdmin password:

username: Txxxxxin
password: Axxxxxxxx12:20PMRob RHi, just wanted to check in to see if there were any update on this. Thanks.07:57PMRob RPlease note that I deactivated the "Newsfeed Trends Twitter style". It looks like whoever visited the site to test it never deactivated it.

Yesterday12:26AMOxwallAccessoriesupdate being released now

This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic