We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no user role control for newsfeed photos - Newsfeed | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Sep 20 '14
on my site I have it set where only premium members and females can upload photos yet the newsfeed still allows this no matter what I do so far I have only been able to fix this with some css
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 23 '14
Joseph, are you sure about that?

this should work as follows - as soon as you forbid to upload photos, users still able to upload photos via Newsfeed however they do not go in the Newsfeed photos album, they just stay in the Newsfeed.

If it's not so - can you please PM me your admin details for the website.
Joseph
Joseph Sep 24 '14
users shouldnt be able to upload photos at all unless paid and my female members should have a way to upload to newsfeed while unpaid male members should be paying its how we make sales and while we are at it thanks for the photo plugin updates that ruined photo tagging now my site has fallen off of the 1st page of google for our niche search and traffic has gone to crap why do you guys try and fix things that arent broken and refuse to create things oxwall needs like more social interconnectedness like newsfeed following such as when several users comment on a post they all receive notifications from that post afterwards creating a conversation and a more social atmosphere
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 30 '14
What if a user uploads a photo in the comment for some newsfeed activity? By your logic uploading photo should be restricted everywhere.

Please see my reply above.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 26 '14
there should still be options to prevent this how can I expect certain users to not be able to upload images to a site where only our models should have this ability thus oxwall is not very versatile and also I just found that even when i restrict basic users from posting newsfeed status they still can post on the newsfeed on their profile page it is funny how when there is a bug with a third party plugin the developer is more than happy to fix the issue but when there is an oxwall plugin with an issue oxwall wants to make excuses
You do not have permission to reply this topic