We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PHP Error / Oxwall Down After Update | Forum

Kai
Kai Nov 11 '11
I just updated from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6. Input the FTP information and after hitting the enter button got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/floasis/public_html/community/ow_core/theme.php on line 134

http://floasis.net/community/

I have no idea where to go from here and my site is now down due to an automatic update.  Any help would be appreciated.
Kai
Kai Nov 11 '11
This is line 134 (the last line of code in the file) of theme.php, for reference:

return array_key_
The Forum post is edited by Kai Nov 11 '11
Kai
Kai Nov 11 '11
I figure the theme file is somehow incomplete. I had another installation of oxwall so i copied the theme file over and the site loaded correctly, but the backend is still saying it needs to be updated. When i try to update again...same error.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 11 '11
upload the latest version of the theme to your site, check chmod is correct on the folders (search forums for correct setting)
Turn on DEV mode in config.php and see if that sorts any of it out.

Failing that, restore your backup from before the update and try again!
Kai
Kai Nov 11 '11
So I had it fixed temporarily last night by replacing the theme file, but I wake up this morning and the site is in maintenance mode. I try to get into floasis.net/community/admin and i'm pushed to the maintenance page again. I didn't change anything from last night. :-/

How do I get the site out of maintenance mode? Then i'll be glad to check the theme. Not sure what the DEV mode does or how to turn it on (i'm sure it's searchable here), but would it assist with the maintenance mode?
The Forum post is edited by Kai Nov 11 '11
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 11 '11
/sign-in

Then:

/admin/pages/maintenance
Kai
Kai Nov 11 '11
Keelan: you are a lifesaver, that did the trick.

Michael, i'll try your suggestions over the weekend.  :)