We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Default Theme Based on Account Type | Forum

Musik
Musik Sep 22 '14
This is something I'm currently looking to develop for my site and I wanted to gauge whether this project has been tackled before.

I'd like to program my site so when a user logs in, the theme will automatically change based on their account type. These themes would be set by the admin. Currently, I don't see plugins in the store that make this possible, but these three come pretty close:

Theme Roller

Design Settings

OldFuture Theme Changer

But instead of having it user-controlled like these plugins, I'd rather the site itself recognize the account type and automatically change the theme.

So my questions are, is this even possible with Oxwall (I'm new to the platform) and if so, have others accomplished this task? Tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 22 '14
I'd go with the OldFuture Theme Changer if it were me wanting this option, as far as settings to apply per different role/Membership level then no, thinking this is not a possibility.

While checking out your site I did come across a slight issue with the menu wrap's padding top, you have it set at 50px which at this time hides the Main/index tab, seems if you were to change it to 90px it should solve this.

.ow_menu_wrap {
padding-top: 94px}

Just a bit of constructive criticism really...
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Sep 22 '14
Musik
Musik Sep 22 '14

Quote from Krunch I'd go with the OldFuture Theme Changer if it were me wanting this option, as far as settings to apply per different role/Membership level then no, thinking this is not a possibility.

While checking out your site I did come across a slight issue with the menu wrap's padding top, you have it set at 50px which at this time hides the Main/index tab, seems if you were to change it to 90px it should solve this.

.ow_menu_wrap {
padding-top: 94px}

Just a bit of constructive criticism really...
Hey Krunch, thanks for the tip! Yes, since adjusting the main menu there have been a few issues with cross-browser functionality. I appreciate the tip and I'll make that adjustment.

Also, out of curiosity, why do you recommend OldFuture Theme Changer over the others? Prior experience, or something else? Testimony is appreciated.