We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group link in Newsfeed is pointing to home page and not to Group page | Forum

Vicki
Vicki Nov 11 '11
In the NEWSFEED,

On the homepage, http://www.badmintonlocker.com I created 2 new groups: "Club in West Hartford" and "University of Connecticut Badminton".

Both links are pointing back to the homepage and not pointing the actual Group.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 11 '11
How did you post it adding just url?
Vicki
Vicki Nov 11 '11
After I create a new Group, it shows automatically on the Newsfeed.

On the Newsfeed, it is linking to the homepage instead of the Group page.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 11 '11
Okay, i cannot replicate this so lets see if the dev team hit this forum and see if they know of anything.

1.2.6?
Group plugin updated?
Vicki
Vicki Nov 12 '11
Yes, latest versions.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 14 '11
Hello,

Can you provide me with a link that is displayed once you hover a cursor over the group thumbnail? I am using Google Chrome and link can be seen in the left bottom corner of the browser window.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
PM me your FTP, phpMyAdmin and Admin Panel access details so that I could check into the issue. I cannot reproduce it in my local install.
Vicki
Vicki Nov 15 '11
It is strange because I created a new test Group today and it worked fine. It is strange because it only happened that one day and also happened to @Slash so I cannot explain it.
Vicki
Vicki Nov 15 '11
Slash, I wonder, do you have web hosting with Bluehost?
Vicki
Vicki Nov 15 '11
Ah, ok. Strange. If I can recreate it again in the future I will post another update.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
It is strange that the same issue happened to both of you but just once. Please keep me updated.