We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bad Request + 404 Error | Forum

Andrew
Andrew Nov 12 '11
Hello

I have just installed the very latest version of oxwall. I am encountering an error.

Whenever I enter the site URL without a trailing slash I get a Bad Request and a 404 Error. 

My site is situated in a sub-directory. According to my hosting service there is a problem with the oxwall script. Have you got any solutions?

I have tried to modify .htacess without any success. I also noticed that others had experienced similar problems but with no solution as  far as I can tell.
Thank you for any help.

Andrew

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 12 '11
Post your htaccess. Also does your host meet the Oxwall requirements?
Andrew
Andrew Nov 12 '11
Hello and thank you for your response.

In the end, I managed to put a workaround together which is to create a subdomain and to put the system in the root of the subdomain.

Not very elegant and it does not solve the general problem, but it does allow me to do my work for the moment.

I really like oxwall by the way - thanks to those who put it together. I will keep experimenting.

Andrew
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 13 '11
I think you should check out your ow_includes/config.php and see what the site url is.
Andrew
Andrew Nov 13 '11
Thank you again

Andrew