We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems with Plugin | Forum

Kev
Kev Sep 24 '14
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with a plugin on my site, it's for tracking user IP addresses. Currently only admins can view IP addresses, but I want mods to see the user IP address as well.

I've contacted the plugin developer, he's told me it's on his to-do list, but I've been waiting 2 months and there's still no update.

I appreciate that this is massively out of scope in the context of this forum, but hopefully someone can provide some guidance. Is there a simple way to update a plugin so that different user roles can see them? If so, what part of the code do I need to be looking at?

Thanks guys, really appreciate any feedback.

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 24 '14
Mods will have to have admin permissions to view per Profile IP.
ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Kev
Kev Sep 25 '14
Thanks for the reply, Krunch. I get that mods will need to be added to the admin group to make it work currently. But I don't want to do that, for obvious reasons. There must be a way to change the way the plugin works so that mods can see user IP addresses. 

Is there a certain part of the plugin framework that handles permissions? 

Kev
Kev Sep 28 '14
Anything?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 28 '14

Quote from Kev Quirk Thanks for the reply, Krunch. I get that mods will need to be added to the admin group to make it work currently. But I don't want to do that, for obvious reasons. There must be a way to change the way the plugin works so that mods can see user IP addresses. 

Is there a certain part of the plugin framework that handles permissions? 

I agree, mods should be able to see IP's w/Out having there permissions the same as Owner/Admin. so that'd be great if the instructions for that mod were posted here.
Kev
Kev Sep 29 '14
Thanks for coming back to me Krunch. After pushing the plugin creator for two months, I've finally managed to get him to update the plugin for me. I'm waiting for feedback from my mods, but hopefully, this should now be resolved.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 29 '14
It's there at: /admin/permissions/moderators

Tested using a Moderator account, doesn't seem to be working...
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Sep 29 '14
Kev
Kev Sep 30 '14
Yeah all my mods have had their accounts promoted to be moderators within Oxwall. Like you, I've tested it as a a mod, and had feedback from my other mods but it's still not working. I'm waiting for yet more feedback from the developer. 
Kev
Kev Sep 30 '14
Here's the forum thread if you're interested - http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/22317
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 30 '14

Quote from Kev Quirk Yeah all my mods have had their accounts promoted to be moderators within Oxwall. Like you, I've tested it as a a mod, and had feedback from my other mods but it's still not working. I'm waiting for yet more feedback from the developer. 

Good luck, keep me posted when this is fixed please,,,