We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

index/customize issue. Im using 1.7.1. [Solved] | Forum

Daren
Daren Sep 25 '14
Got a working custom text/html before update to 1.7.1, then updated to 1.7.1 and that custom text/html is giving problem and page won't load all. 

I searched the forum and read related solution to index/customize issue and try applying them but none worked.

Disable "Javascript button" to remove the custom text/html - can't remove it

Tried all the themes to remove the custom text/html - can't remove it

Stop browser's javascript  to remove the custom text/html - can't remove it

Please tell me how can I remove the custom text/html box in my MAIN page ? I have full access to cpanel and all files in oxwall directory. 

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 29 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
go to the phpmyadmin ow_base_component_settings table and remove the content of custom html/text widget in the value column.
Daren
Daren Sep 26 '14
Thanks for the information. Found the content and deleted it in phpmyadmin, even delete it in cache at base component ... cleared browser history .. and ... STILL THERE !!!!

OMG, what do I have to do summore ??? Please help ross if you can ... 

Need ... light ... 

Thank you ross !

ross Team
ross Sep 26 '14
please PM your Cpanel and admin details, I'll take a look at the issue.
Daren
Daren Sep 26 '14
will do !
Daren
Daren Sep 26 '14
Still not able to solve it as of now ... anyone ?
Daren
Daren Sep 28 '14
Anybody can show me how to remove a Custome text/html box in index mainpage ? The normal method is not working ....
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
See my reply in PM
Daren
Daren Sep 29 '14
Any idea how to remove it ?
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
ok, the problem is fixed, it was due to non-closed iframe
Daren
Daren Sep 30 '14
Wow, thanks ross ! Hope it didn't trouble you too much, may I know how do you find out about it ? As a non coder, I would've seen that and not knowing what it is but I do understand basics of coding and non-closed iframe is missing with a /iframe or something like that yeah ?

How can we non coder notice something like that ? Must first initiate debug mode and the rest is search and rescue ???

Thanks again ross !

ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Just found the custom html widget in the right database, checked the content, tried without your js, it worked, which meant the problem was in the js code, then closed the Iframe tag and it worked. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 30 '14
Daren
Daren Sep 30 '14
Right database ?? If it's not too much to ask, may I know which title custom box were you referring to ? I'll assume that all the Oxwall approved plugins is working fine yeah ? And all the problems were external (my own fault) from a custom text/html box. 

May I know which was the custom text/html box that were giving the problem ? Wunderground's box seems ok and did you fix this one ?.

ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Yes, this one, I inspected the element on the main page to know it's id then looked in the ow_base_component_setting for the same ID and change it's content by adding closing tag for iframe. 
Daren
Daren Sep 30 '14
Thanks ! Like I said, was looking at it many many many times and not knowing is the problem ! Thanks again, will look harder on the codes now ... fingers crossed no more such problem !!!

Error on my side not Oxwall or it's plugin ! Case close.

Thank you.