We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

See More goes to error page - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Oct 2 '14
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

When someone puts @username1 @username2 @... etc and then text (or short text and an @ or #), if they 'see more' is interrupting a link (either @ or #) and the user presses 'see more' to view the rest of the post/comment, they are redirected to a blank page with that error and are never able to read the message left for them.

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 2 '14

ok, that "see more" thing is oxwall bug

they truncate comment without checking anything

so as result truncated comment could be truncated in the middle of a link tag

which depending on browser then can produce all sorts of weird things and this function is implemented as smarty modifier, so it is very deep level which cannot be overtaken

the only way to fix it is to fix that function to make it smarter

I guess this must be reported to oxwall so they truncate by default comments which are more than 150 symbols. My suggestion would be to truncate only if that is 150 symbols after tags are stripped. Or show that truncated comment when tags are stripped

that would be the easiest solution

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Oct 3 '14
Is there a way to turn off truncated comments?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 3 '14
Again That would be a modifacation that woul best be awnsered by oxwall as they coded it. It's to my understanding that it is not a simple task but I would ask in the custom code section as this could potentionally help others. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic