We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat Avatar Bug - Mailbox | Forum

robi782
robi782 Oct 5 '14
Hi, the Avatar from Users will be not show. But not for all Users. Other is ok. One aktuelle is defect. New upload give not a positiv change. 

Can someone help? 

The Forum post is edited by robi782 Oct 6 '14
Attachments:
  oxwall_chat_avatar_error.JPG (178Kb)
robi782
robi782 Oct 6 '14
Apparently it is on the Chat Plugin, partially different avatars are simply not displayed. Again Oxwall is unfortunately buggy. If I am logged in with user A, I do not see the avatar of user B. With user B I see the avatar of user A. With Login from User C isee not the avatar of user A & B. Strange.

No One a idea? 
The Forum post is edited by robi782 Oct 7 '14
Attachments:
  oxwall_chat_avatar_error_02.JPG (46Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 7 '14

If your question looks like this - “Nothing works please help,” chances are no one will come to the rescue. If you want to get the assistance from our support team you must describe your issue as detailed as possible :

- provide information on software and plugins versions

- set debug mode to 'true' to see the actual errors, copy and paste them in your post

- provide screenshots of the error/issue and settings of server/software

- provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the error

- check whether or not this is an issue related to the Java-script conflict by following this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting

-theme related issue - if you use third-party theme, please, switch to the default one and try reproduce the error. As most of the cases are the individual issues with the third-party themes only. 

The quality of our support mainly depends on your assistance - the more details of the problem you provide, the more effective our help will be.

robi782
robi782 Oct 7 '14
Excuse me, but how can I post error messages if I do not get displayed in debug mode? Nevertheless here is clearly an error. The avatars are not displayed in chat for all users.

The version of Oxwall is 1.7.1 and the plugin "Messages" is also up to date. More information I can not give a simple user without technical background. Therefore, I urge you to support the bug to find and fix step by step.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 9 '14
Do you get anything in the firebug according to this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting ?
You do not have permission to reply this topic