We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

directory frustration! help | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 7 '14

In which directory on the server I find the file "calendar" Looking at the picture below? 

Does anyone have the answer to that? 

Have some files that I want to upload, but they must be in the same root of the directory that the file "calendar" is

Attachments:
  file.png (100Kb)
ross Team
ross Oct 7 '14
It is not on the server, custom pages are in the database, can you please elaborate what you're trying to achieve?
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14

Thanks for the answer.
I am trying to insert a flash calendar on such Page.
But again, it should be possible, then the file must reside in the root directory of the Page is. But if Page is in a database, as it gets worse. But I can of course create a website and link it to the menu, which I also have done:

http://sosialtnett.org/websites/calendar/calendar.html

Calendar is onely a test from my site.

But opinion was again it should be more integrated within the Page as a Page.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
Please read this post: It will give you general idea how to implement this flash on your custom page: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10180?&page=2
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
Thank you. But it was here I would like to have my flash components. See the picture:

ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
What do you mean it was here? Have you read the topic? 
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
One question about one small example:

Shall I, in my case, upload flash files to:
"public_html/ow_themes/proximus_sidebar_edition"

if I should post its html code to Theme file: base.css If the proper method and have integrated Flash Components in sosialtnett.org? 
And if so, is it just paste the code in the right place in base.css file, or?

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
Yes i have reed it
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14

You say again "Page" is not a directory but in a database. 

So where shall I upload the files to eg calendar, if I should have it directly on the "Page" (The picture you saw in the previous post) 

As you can see, so I am able to create complete websites and linking them to sosialtnett.org

The example you was referring to was the one game, which was linked to his side, or? And the way I saw it, had nothing with the "Page" At least I could not see any connection with the Page!

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
Have tried this but did not succeed, even though I followed the recipe carefully. Got only 500 error

How to add external custom pages to Oxwall.

ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14

You upload the files to the root

then, you embed a SWF file in HTML in the Page content area:

<object width="300" height="300">

<param name="movie" value="flashmovie.swf">

<embed src="flashmovie.swf" width="300" height="300">

</embed>

</object>

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14

When you're talking about root 

Do you mean this: public_html, or this? (/ home / social) 

Having worked with web sites and ftp, but still a little unsure of how this with Oxwall and directories work!

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
Uploaded files to the public where sosialtnett.org installed and copied into coden on the page, but no result!
ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
what code please provide screenshot?
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14

This did not work. But I uploaded two files to the public from my Amara news ticker and pasted coden and got one result: http://sosialtnett.org/page

Yes I am playing and singing

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14
The problem with this calenderen I bought from coffecups few years ago, again when it came a new version that I upgraded to, so the result was a website in place of the flash file. I see it now. But what is the calender coden to?

Well, I also remember that i could have both the old and the new version of coffecups calendar time, and I liked the old version best. So I'll look for it and get it installed again.

Thanks for all your help, I now understood. It was my misunderstanding in relation to the calendar, when I thought it was a flash file, when it was a html

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 8 '14

But if I insert for example a small mini calendar on the sidebar on the index page sosialtnett.org then I have to upload the files in the root of which thema is "public_html / ow_themes / proximus_sidebar_edition" and copy code in the right place file base.css

If the correct procedure?

ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
No, you need to upload it again in the root and use custom text/html widget to insert your html code
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 9 '14

Which root are you talking about now? and the text, html file are you talking about? 

Do you talk about the themes root or root in sosialtnett.org? And what's the file you refferer to?

Sorry, but a lot of things at once here now easy for att the rotatable together!

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Oct 9 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 9 '14
yes, the root where socilnett.org installed. 

custom html/text widget can be added if you go to index page of your site, you as an admin will see customize this page button, as soon as you click on it, you'll see all widgets available for you. Custom html widget is among them.