We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron jobs working but not saving plug-in settings. (solved) | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 21 '14
So the main issue I seem to be having is plug-ins are not saving settings I am setting and this happened shortly after migrating my site to a new host.

At first I didn't understand how to get the cron working with the new host and I used this line

/usr/bin/GET /server/user/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

They tell me they are running, So I am wondering if I need a permission like -q or something.

Core Oxwall seems to be working just having some sort of syncing problem. Like if someone posts on a forum it will show an older post not theirs and not even show their name on the dashboard however, on notifications at the top it will show they are the ones that posted.

I am just trying to figure this bug out and not sure how to fix it things I have done.

Contacted host (Said cron jobs are set up fine)

cleaned Oxwall cache and CloudFlare cache

Tried checking error logs mostly seeing mixed content through the SSL.

I'm not a good linux buff other then having to type Sudo all the time on ubuntu.

Let me know if you think of anything, Site is not broken just can seem confusing to some members etc.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Nov 13 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 23 '14
Kenneth, please disable all 3rd-party plugins and Javascript code on your website and PM me your admin and FTP access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Nov 8 '14

Quote from ross Kenneth, please disable all 3rd-party plugins and Javascript code on your website and PM me your admin and FTP access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

I have sent the info,

When I look to see if cron jobs are running it just shows an e-mail notification of run.php opening and what's inside it. This is why I'm trying to figure out and easier way to see what permissions I might be missing.
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Kenneth I need Cpanel access details, as I can't do much with cron via FTP and please disable 3rd party plugins. Waiting for PM
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '14
Kenneth, I checked your website everything works as it should be. 

"Like if someone posts on a forum it will show an older post not theirs and not even show their name on the dashboard however"

look at the screenshots please:

I created a forum topic and the newsfeed item shows the username and topic title properly

then I added a friend and this user posted in that forum:

"So the main issue I seem to be having is plug-ins are not saving settings"
then I went to the admin panel and changed the photo view from vertical to horizontal and saved the settings. the changes took effect as it should be, see screenshot:

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 13 '14
Kenneth
Kenneth Nov 13 '14

Quote from ross Kenneth, I checked your website everything works as it should be. 

"Like if someone posts on a forum it will show an older post not theirs and not even show their name on the dashboard however"

look at the screenshots please:

I created a forum topic and the newsfeed item shows the username and topic title properly

then I added a friend and this user posted in that forum:

"So the main issue I seem to be having is plug-ins are not saving settings"
then I went to the admin panel and changed the photo view from vertical to horizontal and saved the settings. the changes took effect as it should be, see screenshot:

Alright cool, So no cron alteration needed. thanks for checking it out for me.