We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SMTP email is not working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 22 '14
I setup the SMTP email and click verify the connection if said successful . And I tried to mass mailing but they receive nothing!
ross Team
ross Oct 22 '14
Is your cron job properly configured?

Go to the the ow_base_mail table in your DB via phpmyadmin, as soon as you do the mass mailing refresh this table until you see that the mails go away. 

Keep us updated. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 22 '14
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 23 '14

Quote from Frank Zhang
Quote from ross Is your cron job properly configured?

Go to the the ow_base_mail table in your DB via phpmyadmin, as soon as you do the mass mailing refresh this table until you see that the mails go away. 

Keep us updated. 

Could you please show me how to do it?

I found run.php under ow_cron , but don't know how to do with it...

ok I found the place where you said, and I saw those emails which are not actually sent. I refresh serval times but nothing happened...
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 23 '14

Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 23 '14

Quote from ross Is your cron job properly configured?

Keep us updated. 

Yeah I keep refreshing but it not going away.....
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 23 '14
Here is my cron job screenshot, how do I set it?
ross Team
ross Oct 23 '14
Here's the tutorial how to configure your cron: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

if none of the command work, contact your hosting provider to assist you to configure it properly. 

Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14

Quote from ross Here's the tutorial how to configure your cron: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

if none of the command work, contact your hosting provider to assist you to configure it properly. 

OK just minutes ago my user said they could receive my email but 5 minutes later than the time I press the send button. How to fix the delay?
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14

Quote from ross Here's the tutorial how to configure your cron: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

OK I found it, but when I add the cron job it said "The file does not exist." But there really is a run.php under my files.

And seem like the cron job only can apply file path not command.

The Forum post is edited by Frank Z Oct 24 '14
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14
And it shows it could successful generate the email but not sending. 
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14

Quote from Chris_W
Quote from Frank Zhang

OK I found it, but when I add the cron job it said "The file does not exist." But there really is a run.php under my files.

And seem like the cron job only can apply file path not command.

What is the full cron command line you are using?
It should look something like this:

If Oxwall is in the root and main domain

/usr/bin/php  /home/username/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

or if Oxwall is on an addon domain.

/usr/bin/php  /home/username/public_html/yourdomain.com/ow_cron/run.php

Replace the bold type with your hosting username and domain name.

If your Oxwall is in a sub folder you will need to add that in the path

/usr/bin/php  /home/username/public_html/yourfolder/ow_cron/run.php
or
/usr/bin/php  /home/username/public_html/yourdomain.com/yourfolder/ow_cron/run.php
I found my run.php like this : /www/web/weizhaiyou_com/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Are they the same thing?

Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14
And one more thing which is more confusing, the verify works fine now, but mass mailing still not
Frank Z
Frank Z Oct 24 '14

Quote from Chris_W Seems like an odd path for a Linux Apache server. Are you on Windows hosting?
No it called CentOS 64 bit.. I'm quite sure that is Linux... I setup cron job for every minutes and direct it to to that run.php , but not working! I still see those emails as queue in ow_base_mail . Going crazy!!
The Forum post is edited by Frank Z Oct 24 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 26 '14
Contact your hosting provider to assist you in cron configuration.