We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

user can cheat the system - User Credits | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 23 '14
user can cheat the system

say have 3 rolls  free, gold,  advertiser

free set up to earn and lose credits

gold set up to add unlimited friends, send gifts, customize profile etc

advertiser  set up to buy credits to use is advertisements etc

as it is now it carry's over the free credits 
so a user can post lots of stuff earn free credits the upgrade to advertiser roll 
and use the free credits to pay for use adverts then when upgrade plane expire get more free credits and do same again

there needs to be a button to allow dissallow credits to be carried over from one roll to another  

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 27 '14
Hello Tammy,

If within the credits system you have set that user will receives credits for certain action, it doesn't really matter which user role user is subscribed to. He will receive credits for that action regardless of the user role.

1. to receive credits for any actions, this action needs to be disallowed in user roles. For example for "free" user role you have unchecked the box for "Add blog". Within credits you have set "+5" for "Add blog". So user comes, registers >> gets default free user role >> posts 10 blogs >> gets 50 credits.

2. since you have already set that for adding blogs user will receive "+5" credits, you can't change this setting for particular user role only. If user subscribes to "advertiser" user role  he, just like the free user, will receive 5 credits for adding blogs.  He can't loose 5 credits, he can only receive them.

3.At the same time you have decided that for "Adding groups" users should loose 5 credits. So free user role user comes >> adds group>> loses 5 credits ( gained for  posting a blog).
Advertiser role user comes >> adds groups >> looses 5 credits ( gained for posting a blog).

What I would like to say here, is that your advertiser user doesn't really need to upgrade  to gain those credits. He can get them using his own role.

If you provide more information on exact set up on your site, I might help you more, since it is now very difficult to image the situation you have described and may be I just understood you in a wrong way. Can you provide more info on :

1. User roles you have and their permissions for certain actions ( take only 2 as example)
2. User credits settings for selected 2 actions.
3. What happens with users subscribed to your different roles when they try to complete specified actions.

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 28 '14
i have found a way around the problem by use accounts and make an advertiser account  to default roll advertiser its not the best solution but works 

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 29 '14
i have another problem

roll free setup to lose credits for add friends send gifts etc
2nd roll set up add friends and send gift to be controlled by oxwall so they have unlimited send friends etc still takes credits
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 4 '14
Tammy, please check out the explanation in this thread: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/27556?page=1#post-125906

If it does not help, please provide me with more details on how your site is configured and how it should work - I will try to find the proper solution for you.

You do not have permission to reply this topic