We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Product does not work at all - Introductory Video | Forum

Sakile
Sakile Nov 1 '14
Product does not work on my website either.  The plugin developers have taken two weeks to argue with me about the problem.  They know it doesn't work on most sites, yet they stand by the product and blame you the purchaser.  I want a refund or I want it fixed.  They will not help.  Please read all post and DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.
The Forum post is edited by Sakile Nov 15 '14
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 14 '14
Hi Sakile,

I checked the plugin in your server and I saw that the init.php file of the plugin is failing to load and the obvious reason to this is a misconfiguration in .htaccess or in the server itself. I used the developer tool of Google Chrome and it showed me that your Oxwall installation is misleading some plugin paths as seen in the image below. 

If you look at the image I highlighted in red circle the php file of our plugin that fails to load, the path that your Oxwall installation tries to load is http://new.alreadyvettedonline.com/...ductoryvideo/init.js which obviously erroneous because it has two double forward slashes "//" right after .com the correct path should be http://new.alreadyvettedonline.com/...ductoryvideo/init.js with one forward slash "/".

Thank you.

Sakile
Sakile Nov 14 '14
so when can you fix it?
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 14 '14
Pm sent.
Sakile
Sakile Nov 14 '14
According to my webspace the file is not present on the script.  There is no file name to correct in my webspace.  This is an issue that you will have to fix.  Please let me know what you can do to fix it.  Two weeks have already passed.
Sakile
Sakile Nov 14 '14

This is what shows up

ugin Name: INTRODUCTORY VIDEO
Author: OldFuture
Version: 1.0.0
License: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
Copyright (c) 2013,  www.oldfuture-it.com
**********************************************************/

class INTRODUCTORYVIDEO_CMP_IntroductoryvideoWidget extends BASE_CLASS_Widget
{
   public function __construct( BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter $params )
    {
        parent::__construct();

$actual_link = "http://$_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]$_SERVER[REQUEST_URI]";

$segs    = explode("/", $actual_link);
     $username   = end($segs);

$user   = BOL_UserService::getInstance()->findByUsername($username);

$this->setVisible(false);

if(!$vidId = $user->intro_video_id) {
   return;
  }

if(!VIDEO_BOL_ClipService::getInstance()->findClipById($vidId)) {
   return;
  }

$this->setVisible(true);
  $this->assign('username', $username);
  $this->assign('label', OW::getLanguage()->text('introductoryvideo', 'show-video'));
    }

public static function getStandardSettingValueList()
    {
        return array(
            self::SETTING_WRAP_IN_BOX => true,
            self::SETTING_SHOW_TITLE => true,
            self::SETTING_ICON => self::ICON_STAR,
            self::SETTING_TITLE => OW::getLanguage()->text('introductoryvideo', 'widget_title')
        );
    }

Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 14 '14
I checked your server the file is there other wise the installation alone of the plugin will fail if the file does not exist.
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 14 '14
And what you showed is not the correct file. The file I showed in the screenshot is a .js file. You showed the php component file of the plugin.
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 14 '14
Kindly test here http://app-arsenal.com/ow171 I installed the Introductory Video plugin and it works just fine.
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
You installed it on your site not on mine.  I am really tired of excuses.  You keep telling me it will be fixed on my site in another forum then here you tell me that it is working when i clearly copied and pasted the component from my server and there is listed error.  Where is the component to make the change?  If you checked it, why didn't you fix it like you said you would. ?
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
There is no listed error to correct in my webspace.  The program still isn't working.  The webspace component above does not show the error problem otherwise it would be fixed and we are moving into another week and all you all have done is beat around the bush and not fixed the problem.
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
I didn't say the file wasn't there, I said the file you referred me to in the red box with the double forward slash is not present in the script.  I copied and pasted it for you.  You asked me for access to my panel and you have it.  Yet, the problem is not fixed.
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
How do I get to the url where the error is showing because I don't see it
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
Programmers at 1and1 tell me that this is a scripting issue and not a server issue.  No matter what they do, the error message does not change.  
Sakile
Sakile Nov 15 '14
I am sure you have a response to my messages, yet you are not fixing the problem.  Please go into the admin side and fix what you know to be the problem.  If it is just a matter of changing a forward slash, then as the expert, you should be able to do that.  Otherwise, why ask me for the information?  I growing very tired of this process of back and forth with no solution.  Please fix the issue because only you know where it exist.  If you cannot fix it, just be honest and stop putting the owness back on me.  Every programmer I talk too can't be wrong and you all are right.  If you are right and are honorable, you will fix the issue so that it works.
Sakile
Sakile Dec 1 '14
The error message is now off of my site, but product is not working.
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 2 '14

Hi Sakile,

Our coder is still working on the issue.

We will notify you here in Oxwall once the full fix is finished.

Thanks.

You do not have permission to reply this topic