We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Files & Folders Out of Place | Forum

John Stanford
John Stanford Nov 29 '11
I just uploaded version 1.2.6 and was getting no theme and red X everywhere.  The program was looking for "ow_static/themes/graphite" but this folder as well as club folder was in ow_themes.  Once I uploaded the files into the ow_static/ folder i got images.

I'm wondering what else may be out of whack as I'm getting wierd text where button names should be.  This is happening on the public side as well as the admin side.
Attachments:
  Screenshot.jpg (102.77Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 29 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
John Stanford
John Stanford Nov 29 '11
Thanks for moving the post to the correct place, but you didn't bother trying to resolve my issue... sigh
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 29 '11
Well, I have to ask whether your server meets our requirements? If yes, consider about reinstalling the entire website. Seems that something went wrong with the language files, because all those weird text labels are language keys that doesn't have values. Let me know if reinstall doesn't help.
John Stanford
John Stanford Nov 29 '11
Yes, the server meets all requirements.

You confirmed my suspicions about the problem being related to the language file.  If you notice in my original post I stated that the the code was looking for graphics in ow_static/themes/graphite/ BUT that was not the file strcture I downloaded from your site.

The files I downloaded as version 1.2.6 has its own separate themes folder... "ow-themes/"

Once I created the themes folder inside ow_static/ and copied the club and graphite folder into it... the images appeared.

I will attempt a third install, but I really think it is a directory structure issue.

I'll let you know.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 29 '11
Keep me informed, I'll do my best to assist.
John Stanford
John Stanford Dec 1 '11
Ok... finally got it going.