We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

htaccess problem | Forum

Dave
Dave Nov 29 '11
hi guys  i have read the forums  and have not found a answer my oxwall is in sub so is my chat  my problem is when i try to go to  chat  it brings me back to main page of oxwall and i have tried  what addenster said and tried a cpl of other ways  very baffled .
The Forum post is edited by Dave Nov 29 '11
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 30 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 30 '11
Hi, are you saying you have two different domains and one of them points to another? If so check the addon domains section of your Cpanel or contact your hosting company.
By the way, how is the issue related to .htaccess file? Did you edit .htaccess files? If yes, can we see its content?
The Forum post is edited by Michael I. Nov 30 '11
Dave
Dave Nov 30 '11
No i run a vps  which i have oxwall in one folder and chat in another folder on site and it just keeps looping me back to  oxwall home page  when i click on a link which is external to oxwall

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz
AddEncoding gzip .gzip
<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/javascript
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/css
</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind
RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 30 '11
You should check domain settings. I guess chat domain is not pointed to the folder where the chat is installed. Point your domains to proper folders and everything should work properly.
Michael Leader
Michael Dec 1 '11
add
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/chatfolder/

assuming you have yoursite.com as oxwall install and yoursite.com/chatfolder for chat.

I do a similar thing for wordpress on my site.
My oxwall is on the root of www, mysite.com and my wordpress lives mysite.com/blog and I added the rewritecond in my .htaccess in the root of www

(Which is a close one cos I just noticed oxwall does a mysite.com/blogs/ which could be problematic!  I must look into vhosts!)