We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug in Messages section | Forum

Billy Pip
Billy Pip Nov 7 '14
I was talking with a developer in 'Messages' section

but i saw some messages after sending get delete and be come disappear!!

ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Billy, 

you need to reproduce this error on our demo website and provide us with the steps how you did that. As we cannot reproduce that on our test websites and demo in order to report that and fix. 

Billy Pip
Billy Pip Nov 10 '14
I did it on demo .. It's not something that i can take screenshot or like that ..

If you talk at message area (something fast like chat) , messages got disappear suddenly in the dynamic area . also message notification on the top doesn't shows correctly and you have to refresh to page to see notifications (Sometimes not always)

ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Alright, provide us with step-by step instructions, how we can reproduce that?
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Nov 10 '14
ross , Its exactly like as said above

I haven't idea about why it happened and how can reproduce it . I think its about a bug or defect in the script 

ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Billy, unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue. We need to know specific steps in order to do that

for example: 

the order of messages between users

what browsers you used while conversating

timing between the message etc. 

Otherwise we cannot fix what is not there. Thanks for your understanding. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 10 '14
i have not seen that problem in chat but here on oxwall mial have seen if few times 

it happens when you try use mail as chat to dev on problems 
sometimes just leave the mail page open and for no reason the messages  order gets all mixed up refresh the page and all goes back to normal 

also notification on here are starting to get bit screwed up 

for 3 or 4 days last week i kept getting notifications on forms that i have already looked at 
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Tammy we are aware of the issue you're talking about. We have already reported them. 

Anothing thing is with the Billy's report, we cannot reproduce that.