We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Host not enabling url_fopen - other options? | Forum

Harry
Harry Nov 9 '14
Switched to a new host a few months back and despite and after harassing them a number of times, they continue to refuse to enable url_fopen, citing security issues.  Of course they often suggest that if its important to me i can just get a dedicated server ;).  Aside from switching hosts ( which is not an option at this point ) what, if anything, are my alternatives?

Thank you
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 9 '14
If Your hosting comply with the server requirements, then you should have no problem using oxwall.If not then you will face some serious problems using it.You can try hostings listed here, as they are endorsed by oxwal management.http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

The Forum post is edited by Durlabh Ashok Nov 9 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 9 '14
Unfortunately, you will need either to switch hosts or update to dedicated server then. 
Harry
Harry Nov 10 '14
OK thanks.  Really most things work except where video uploading plugin is concerned and youtube pulling.  I do understand, however, that curl could be used in place of it ( as indicated by the developer of the attachments plugin ) but that, of course, there will be some lengthy code customizations.  Any ideas on that?