We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to update any Plugin by FTP | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idea
idea Nov 2 '10
Dear,
There are tow methods
1} Directly from your admin panel {which is yet buggy}
2} FTP

now I would like to know that how to update a any specific plugin by ftp.
Den Team
Den Nov 2 '10
To update plugin via FTP, follow this steps:
- upload new version of plugin into ow_plugins folder via FTP;
- go to your Admin Panel. You will see plugin update DB request. Click Update and follow instructions.
A H
A H Nov 24 '10
FTP being the only way to use wizard issues aside in other post I've made, would I be right in thinking that to update manually using file transfer to server, one needs to go to the store page, locate the plugin for which there is an update, obtain the zip file containing the update (I used wget on the server), place the zip file contents into the ow_plugins folder and then visit the admin page to perform database update?

The issue with this I've found so far, is that one has to take a guess where in the store the updated plugin lives. Perhaps the admin page, if it can only update via FTP automatically at this time, could also provide a link to the "homepage" of the plugin for quick retrieval of relevant .zip URL?
Den Team
Den Nov 25 '10
Quote from A H

FTP being the only way to use wizard issues aside in other post I've made, would I be right in thinking that to update manually using file transfer to server, one needs to go to the store page, locate the plugin for which there is an update, obtain the zip file containing the update (I used wget on the server), place the zip file contents into the ow_plugins folder and then visit the admin page to perform database update?

Absolutely right way to update plugin manually.

Quote from A H

The issue with this I've found so far, is that one has to take a guess where in the store the updated plugin lives. Perhaps the admin page, if it can only update via FTP automatically at this time, could also provide a link to the "homepage" of the plugin for quick retrieval of relevant .zip URL?

Thanks for suggestion. We will discuss this with our dev team