We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Confirmation emails NOT being sent to hotmail.com email addresses.... | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Nov 14 '14

Greetings,

To start things off, I know for a fact my cron job IS working - same applies to my SMTP settings.

Emails ARE being sent to all email addresses EXCEPT hotmail.com, live.com and possible a few others like msn.com email addresses.

This has to be an issue related to this latest version 1.7.1 - as I have never had an issue with this before.

Any thoughts -or- rather reason why things have changed so that hotmail.com email addresses can no longer receive emails from an oxwall powered website?

Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 14 '14
Have you checked the spam folder?, they usually end up there when send through custom stmp server/configuration.
Hybrid
Hybrid Nov 14 '14

Quote from Durlabh Ashok Have you checked the spam folder?, they usually end up there when send through custom stmp server/configuration.
Yes and still nothing.

I've even added the mailing list provider/website's email address and still nothing...

I hardly doubt that this would be something on hotmail.com's end....simply because if it is working across all other email providers (sending confirmation emails/notifications/mass mailing to gmail, etc. emails), then one has to suspect there is a flaw in the oxwall mailing scripts.

Everything works on my end, just no confirmation emails/notifications/mass mailings are being sent to hotmail email addresses...

This is kinda a big issue guys/gals.

Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 15 '14
Have you configured your sites's stmp settings or are you using a 3rd party stmp service/Server?

And please provide some extra details, if you can!

The Forum post is edited by Durlabh Ashok Nov 15 '14
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 15 '14
Its look like the problem is only with your site, I signed up today for oxwall from a hotmail account and I recieved the E-mail with in a Minute....

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 15 '14
Are you getting any bounced mail 

please check your site main mail account 

seams like outlook.com has blocked your ip 
Hybrid
Hybrid Nov 15 '14
How do we get unblocked?

And yes, I'm using my own server smtp details - I know I have everything setup correctly, otherwise, I wouldn't be receiving/sending mail to other email accounts such as gmail, icloud, etc....

It's just hotmail that seems to not want to go through...it would make sense that the ip got blocked I suppose...Is there a process I can take that will allow my ip not to be blocked?

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Nov 15 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 15 '14
just because other mail provider accept your main does not mean ur sever is set up right to send mail

paste a bounced mail here 
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 15 '14
Hybrid82,

Check your mail server's IP here for blacklisting:

http://multirbl.valli.org

http://mxtoolbox.com

And, if you are using 3rd mail software(like Php Mailer), then please do share here about that.

Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 15 '14
Hybrid82,

Outlook/Hotmail must have send the Bounced Emails to your stmp server, Please do check there and attach it in your next post.

And also check this url, this might solve your problem:

http://mail.live.com/mail/postmaster.aspx

Have a Good Day.

Hybrid
Hybrid Nov 16 '14
The bounce back I'm receiving is a:

550 SC-001

Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

How do I get off the blocklist/blacklist?  Is there support or a link or a form I need to fill out and submit.
My website is a simple gaming organization - and everything being sent out is not spam...

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Nov 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 16 '14
hotmail is painful to get off the block list first you have to fix the problems

first one is cipher of the sent mail i hope oxwall is working on this 
as outlook mail services dont like it 

YOU MUST FIX THE PROBLEM FIrST OR THEY WONT LOOK AT IT 
YOU WILL JUST GET A AUTO RESPONDER 

fist remove the word dear  from all mail
and verification 

use these to to check your mail server setup
http://www.mail-tester.com/
http://mxtoolbox.com/

ONCE YOU HAVE DONE ALL THAT AND EVERYTHING IS FINE 

THEN YOU CAN ASK FOR DESISTING HERE

https://support.live.com/...msbl3&ct=eformts
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 16 '14

+1 Tammy

Hybrid
Hybrid Nov 16 '14

Sigh....well, Thank you Tammy & Durlabh for the help!

If oxwall fixes this on their end and makes an update to the email messages that are being sent (e.g., changing Dear to something else), I suppose that still won't help us who are in this predicament and have had earlier versions of oxwall....since we have already been blacklisted by hotmail eh?

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 16 '14
do as i said and all will be good 
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 16 '14
I am Glad, your problem has finally been resolved  :)
The Forum post is edited by Durlabh Ashok Nov 16 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 16 '14
You will need to contact the hotmail and find out the exact reason why they blocked your IP address.  Sometimes the mail agents has a limit in mail quantity they receive from the certain IP or the words like "verification" can lead to blocking your IP, which is why it will be good if you try to explain yourself to them, that you're the owner of the website and these are the emails for your actual website members.

I went through the forum seems like hotmail does not like "verification" word.

Go to Admin panel>>settings>>language>>find text key for activation email ( search by "Email verification" keyword).
Change this text key to something else.
Save changes.
Try to register again. 
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 17 '14
+1 Ross.