We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall breaks again during a simple update! | Forum

Dominick
Dominick Nov 16 '14
I was updating a theme. I deactivated the theme, Then updated. Site breaks. 

Erorr:

bug - NoticeMessage:Undefined offset: 1File:/home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:607OW Debug - WarningMessage:mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File existsFile:/home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:335OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined offset: 1File:/home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:607OW Debug - Exception

Message:SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone awayFile:/home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:707Trace:#0 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/database.php(305): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array) #2 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_Config', Array, 0, Array) #3 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(100): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example)) #4 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(147): BOL_ConfigDao->findConfig('base', 'dev_mode') #5 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/config.php(169): BOL_ConfigService->saveConfig('base', 'dev_mode', 0) #6 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/application.php(558): OW_Config->saveConfig('base', 'dev_mode', 0) #7 /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/application.php(158): OW_Application->devActions() #8 /home/nakedgam/public_html/index.php(51): OW_Application->init() #9 {main}Type:PDOException

UPDATED ERROR:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/base/lang_1.php on line 1532

The Forum post is edited by Dominick Nov 16 '14
Pete
Pete Nov 16 '14

syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE

I have that error stopping my cron  running on line 1024   I think 

so it must be something to do with the oxwall script

Dominick
Dominick Nov 16 '14
Any suggestions?
Dominick
Dominick Nov 16 '14
OK. Here's an update: My lang_1.php seems to have been corrupted. I restored the file from a backup (which I did prior to theme update) and it worked and theme is updated and intact.

Pete
Pete Nov 16 '14
Can you give me a copy of the file
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
The lang files are different from website to website, as the website can have different set of plugins

Pete, if you have the same parse error, please attach your lang file here.
ross Team
ross Nov 18 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 19 '14
i fixed this for you once before 

its missing the close for php 
ross Team
ross Nov 19 '14
Tammy is right. 

But, you also need to correct your syntax for array and close the php tag. 

It should look like that at the bottom of the file: 

);?>

Dominick
Dominick Nov 19 '14
Just add this add bottom of file?

ross Team
ross Nov 19 '14
if you have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/base/lang_1.php on line 1532

then yes, check your lang_1.php file if the code is not there at the bottom of the file

Dominick
Dominick Nov 29 '14
I did check the file and it has the correct closing tag. );?>
ross Team
ross Nov 30 '14
What is the exact error you have right now?

Please provide screenshot. 

if it still this one: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/base/lang_1.php on line 1532

please past your lang._1.php file in archive here