We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Theme - Available theme page mess-up view | Forum

idea
idea Dec 12 '11
Dear
i 've messup design in available theme page in admin panel in my site as displayed below

idea
idea Dec 14 '11
any support??!
Michael Leader
Michael Dec 14 '11
In config.php try setting dev_mode to true.
Also, turn off debug.

See what that does then get back.
idea
idea Dec 15 '11
you are right if we make the mode as per your direction then it will not show the bugs but still it will be there...!
why i m forcing to put this issue on surface is because i selected theme graphite+sidebar but there is no side bar displayed in my site! why it is so? {here in photo it shows that graphite is activated but in practice recently i had put graphite+sidebar and it doesn't show the sidebar in my site}
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 16 '11
Try re-installing the graphite+sidebar theme.
idea
idea Dec 21 '11
tried to delete and reinstall theme dev_mode true..
still problem as it is.. :(
turned debug mode false it doesn't shows that error for instance...
but still question why it shows that error msg? this must have to find out.

(one thing i also noted here that if webmaster of any oxwall software site keeps dev_mode and debug_mode true then it creates a huge load to the hosting server - i faced same and hosting provider had suspended my site saying that run.php in cron folder creates huge load over server and consumes up to 99.99% of resources also there should be a command that can't trigger the cron mail notification each minute, it must be posted here  - this is my personal experience and not confident if any one have any more knowledge please do share)
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 22 '11
Try disabling dev_mode and debug_mode and check the graphite+sidebar theme in your admin panel. Last time I noticed there was no information about the author and author URL. Is there any now?
Controversy
Controversy Jan 3 '12
I'm not a developer by any means. Can someone please give me an easy breakdown in regards to how to install a theme for my website. 
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 4 '12
Download a theme here: http://www.oxwall.org/store/themes, upload it to your server into the ow_themes folder, unpack the archive and theme will appear in your Admin Panel (http://yoursite.com/admin/themes) under Available Themes section.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 5 '12
I was unaware of this.  Good information to know...
(Could be why my host suspended me lots!)
Quote from idea (one thing i also noted here that if webmaster of any oxwall software site keeps dev_mode and debug_mode true then it creates a huge load to the hosting server - i faced same and hosting provider had suspended my site saying that run.php in cron folder creates huge load over server and consumes up to 99.99% of resources also there should be a command that can't trigger the cron mail notification each minute, it must be posted here - this is my personal experience and not confident if any one have any more knowledge please do share)

Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 5 '12
We will check pay attention to this report, it may be crucial for webmasters.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 11 '12
dev_mode and debug_mode are tools for more convenient code modifications and they use lot of server resources. So the best way of using these modes is putting your website to a maintenance mode and implementing changes as fast as possible.

I would also recommend using dev_mode and debug_mode on a local install where you're not limited in server resources and can spend as much time performing modifications as you need.