We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

DB Issue When Updating to 1.7.2 - Groups | Forum

Harry
Harry Nov 26 '14
Updated the plugin code - no issues.  It then called to update the groups db - no errors thrown, but it kept calling to update the db again and again even after a message saying that the db was updated successfully.  I went into the base_plugins table and found that the 'update' field for the groups plugin was set to '2' (instead of 1?) and so I changed it to 0.  A visit to the admin page again experienced the same message - to update the db which was seemingly already updated.  I ended up manually deactivating the plugin so that I could at least get to the plugins page.

So far, out of five core plugins I've tried to update, I've had issues with all of them. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Harold
Harry
Harry Nov 26 '14
I investigated this myself and discovered what was in error and have fixed the db errors as well as those in the code.  I'm working now.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 27 '14
What was the error? and what did you change in the code?
Harold, we have successfully upgraded all our test websites and demo and we did not run into this issue

Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
What I discovered was that not all of the sql statements were executed so I went into the tables myself and ran them manually which solved my issue.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 2 '14
Alright, thanks for letting us know.
You do not have permission to reply this topic