We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 error when updating to 8531 DB - Email Notifications | Forum

Harry
Harry Nov 26 '14
Updated this plugin to 1.7.2 (8531) and was fine.  It then called to update the db and right afterwards threw a 500 error from apache.  Turning on debug mode showed nothing, nor did enabling dev_mode.  I tried to inactivate the plugin from the database itself and still have this error.
Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
I saw that the update was modifying the language tables so then I re estored the language tables to just before I did this update but to no avail.  I then restored the entire db to that point and the site was buzzing again.  So across the board my updates are not executing all of the db statements ( while at the update to 1.71 I did not have these issues.)

Anyway, i'll look into it further on my end and see if anyone else here has these issues.

Thanks again

Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
Currently I'm staying at the previous version of the plugin.
Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
I've enabled php errors have turned on debugging and all I still get is this.  My error logs show nothing.

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 2 '14
In this case you need to contact your hosting provider to find out the cause of the error, seems like your server is misconfigured.
Harry
Harry Dec 2 '14
OK I'll do that.

Thanks

You do not have permission to reply this topic