We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

404 errors everywhere | Forum

Laura
Laura Dec 1 '14
clicking on anything except the homepage of http://writersgenesis.com/ results in 404 errors somebody please help fix this urgently 
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Laura, do you have default .htaccess file in the root of the software?

If so, please make screenshot of it's content. 

Laura
Laura Dec 1 '14

this is the best I can do cause I'm not the site admin I'm just trying to help people out 

ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
I'm sorry but we need that info, otherwise we won't be able to assist. YOu need to get admin here then. 
Laura
Laura Dec 1 '14
I'll do my best if they don't fix it beforehand thanks
JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 1 '14
Your .htacces file is bad.   In the root folder of your site look to see if you have a file called  .htaccess. If not you have to create it. If you have one in it delete what ever is in it and add this below

Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Dec 1 '14