We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion - Multiple people paying for a plugin, through Escrow. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Scot
Scot Dec 19 '11
It will we great to have a paying mechanism in place where 2 or more people can pay for a plugin from the market.

Advantages :

1. The cost of a plugin goes substantially down, since it is shared between multiple people.

2. It will encourage more people to get together and pay for innovative plugins.

3. More people paying for plugins mean more employment generated for developers.

4. More innovation happening helps in overall growth of the Open source platform. making it useful for everyone. Hopefuly many of these paid plugins are eventually given out to the community for free.

My2c.
... Ideas ?
The Forum post is edited by Scot Dec 19 '11
Den Team
Den Dec 19 '11
Quote from Scot It will we great to have a paying mechanism in place where 2 or more people can pay for a plugin from the market

You are already able to purchase plugins in store. And everybody is allowed to submit his own paid plugin. I didn't get your point with this. WHat do you mean? ))
Scot
Scot Dec 19 '11
The main difference is in fact that one plugin I might find costly to pay for (considering I might have multiple such requests over time), But if there is a way I can get together with 2 or 3 or more people requesting the same plugin and divide the cost.

To be able to do this if there can be an escrow mechanism in place. where payments are collected from 2 or more people but not released to the seller until delivery is made satisfactorily and confirmation from all buyers is received.

So the key suggestion here is, a mechanism for multiple buyers to get together and divide the cost to pay for a plugin to developer. Which I believe is not present today.

any thoughts ?
Den Team
Den Dec 20 '11
But what about license? Every license for one plugin can be installed for one site only. 
Scot
Scot Dec 20 '11
Honestly I do not know the solution to the licensing issue. Licensing issue seems to be one more roadblock, apart from an escrow mechanism of payment.

But the crux of the suggestion still should be considered, that is to have a mechanism for multiple people to be able share cost of a plugin.

How much value do you think the core suggestion has, is it enough to have someone thinking about a solution to it. I'm sure if it is has as much value as I think, there would be solution found to the two problems that can be forseen here.

MatthewMorgan
MatthewMorgan Nov 11 '23
Cross-border money transfer plays a pivotal role in global commerce, enabling seamless financial transactions across diverse economies. Trust in cross-border trade is paramount, as individuals and businesses navigate complex international transactions. The efficacy of these transfers hinges on secure and efficient systems that instill confidence in users. As technology continues to evolve, fostering trust remains a cornerstone, ensuring the smooth flow of funds and facilitating economic cooperation on a global scale.
fnaf
fnaf Nov 12 '23

There will be terrible traps and intriguing puzzles for you! If you've ever wanted to go on a true adventure, you've come to the correct place! In these incredible and addicting games, you control two elemental characters, fireboy and watergirl.